Chapter 67

Michael's POV

I had trouble sleeping the next night.

I wanted to know who cut the wires, and why? Why were they watching us? What did they want...

I looked over at the clock. 5:30am. Dammit.

I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling for a while.

I had to keep my family safe... no matter what.

Suddenly I felt Aimee's hand move on my chest.

I looked down at her and she was looking over at me from her pillow.

"Why are you awake.." she whispered in an angel like voice.

I stroked her hair back gently. "..we should install some security cameras.." I said.

She sighs lightly and props herself up on her elbow. "..Michael, baby you need to try to sleep, at least a little bit.."

I shrugged softly. "I'll pick them up tomorrow.."

She watches me for a moment, then nods as she rubs my chest. "..okay.." she says softly.

Suddenly she was crawling on top of me, straddling my waist.

I rested my hands on her hips for a moment, staring up at her in the darkness.

She leans down and kisses my lips softly.

A smile forms upon my lips as I rub her back and thighs.

"Babygirl don't start something if you don't want to finish it.." I said with a slight smirk.

She gently kisses my jawline, then my neck. "..oh baby I do.. just not here.." she whispers as she lifts herself off of me.

I watched, pouting.

She glanced back at me as she untied her nightgown, walking to the bathroom.

I heard the shower turn on, and it wasn't long before I quickly followed behind her.

********
Some day's passed and Aimee was still worried.

Who would want to get into our house?? Why? Did they want the kids? Or us?

When I came home from work that day, Aimee was in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey, babe." I said as I slipped my shoes off.

She didn't look over at me, but responded hello in a quiet tone.

I frowned slightly and walked over to her. "Everything okay?"

"The security camera's came in today."  She said as she sliced vegetables.

"Oh good!" I responded.

"There was a note on them.." she whispered.

"A note..?"

10+ Comments for the next chapter!!