How the Hell Did She Catch that Arrow?

(Pipers pov)
"It just looks like a wine glass." Clary says
"That wine glass saved your life." Thomas replies, the cup between them.
"What if what if I hadn't gotten the Cup out in time? That demon -" Clary says worriedly

"But you did. First rule of Shadowhunting, when something explodes, just keep walking. Never think twice. Never look away." Thomas tells her.

"And what's the second rule?" Clary asks

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." Izzy says while taking the Mortal Cup from in between them. I chuckle at the flirting going on between them while standing next to Alec.

"Alec, what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that. No Downworlder can come into the Institute." Jace tells him walking up beside me.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Izzy adds

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec states.

"Give it back to the Clave? No.
Not after everything we went through to get it." Clary tells us

"My brother is right. The Cup is extremely important." Izzy says agreeing with my boyfriend.

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asks confused

"I'm full of surprises." Izzy tells him.

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary pleads to us

"I agree with Clary. We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it.
It's our only bargaining chip." Thomas says

"Of course you would take her side." I mumble under my breath "Look Clare you know I love Jocelyn, I mean hell she raised me as her own, but I have to agree with Alec and Izzy here. The whole Institute is at risk with that Cup being here and Valentine could easily attack." I tell Clary, Alec hugged my side.

"Well this normally doesn't happen, but I agree with Clary, we can protect it here and use it to our advantage." Jace tells us.

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it." Clary says to us "But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it."

"There you go. You have her word." Thomas tells us, being a smart-alec about it. Alec sighs, giving in

"Follow me." Alec tells her.

Clary and Alec walk back, I grabbed Alecs hand and Clary was calling Simon.

"Simon, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Been crazy busy, we found the Cup.I have so much to tell you, call me back." She says to the voice box

Alec noticed something weird in the perimeter

"What the, huh?" He says confused before the alarm goes off.

"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace says to us

"I told you-" Alec starts before Thomas cuts him off

"Don't say it." Thomas tells Alec

"What's happening?" Clary asks confused.

"Looks like someone's trying to break in." Izzy tells her as we all start walking to the door.

"Could be the Circle." Thomas states

"Told you so." Alec remarks

"Too soon." Jace says as we all walk outside looking for the intruder, we see a figure and Alec raises his bow as we all raise our swords.