Chapter 1A

Niall looked up as he heard the quiet knock on his door.  "Julie right? Come in, good to see you."

"Ah, they told you I was the only one that could let you escape huh?  That's why everyone likes to see me."  Julie laughed as she handed Niall the final paperwork.  "How's the knee?"

Niall signed the final paperwork and handed it back.  "It's sore, but I'm told I will live.  That I can keep it and continue to walk on it.  So could be worse.  You were right, your staff is amazing.  Your favorite nurse is great."

Julie looked up at him from finalizing the paperwork and smiled.  "I tell the truth.  Amanda is our best.  Everything you could ask for.  I will go through your discharge instructions with you, and then she will come in to see if you have any questions regarding them."  Julie read through Niall's restrictions and directions.  "So in other words, no dancing on the ceiling or dancing all night even to the best song ever, and I don't want to hear the excuse that it's the story of your life, so you have too."

Niall laughed.  "Well I've never had it put quite like that before."

Julie shrugged.  "It's been a very long 12 hours; and as soon as I kick your butt outta here, I'm out myself, so sorry if my jokes fall a little flat this morning."  Julie laughed.  "I may be borderline delirious at this point."

Niall didn't know why but he couldn't stop laughing.  "Corny or not, that was funny."

Julie could listen to him talk all day and night, that accent.  Wow.  She knew some about him and One Direction, and she loved their music, but most everything she'd learned from Amanda.  She couldn't wait to talk to Amanda.  Where was she anyway?  "Not very professional of me, but technically my shift ended about two minutes ago, so I guess I'm safe."  She took Niall's copies off the clipboard and handed them to him.  "I hope you enjoyed your stay at our 5 star accommodations, sir.  I hope you will recommend it to your friends and family. If they are ever in need, they are welcome to visit our quaint facility, and I hope you heal quickly, so you can avoid being run over by your legions of fans and crazy paparazzi."

This girl was crazy.  She was great; even though she seemed like she knew who he was, and obviously she knew his songs, she was cool with him and joked around with him, treating him like a normal guy off the street.  Just like that nurse, Amanda, did.  It was great to have that happen as it happened less and less these days.  "I hope I don't ever have to come back here as a patient or see any of my friends or family here, but if by some chance they do need a place, I do know who to send them too."

Julie laughed.  "Can't imagine why you wouldn't want to come stay more often.  We aren't that bad, I bet it wasn't even that painful.  Mostly.  Ok fine....maybe a brief visit once you're healed, so we can see the outcome of our handy work."  She smiled as Amanda walked into the room.  "And here is your friendly nurse now, and my ride home, so if you could limit your questions I would appreciate it greatly."  She winked at Niall and reached out to shake his hand.  "Nice meeting you and good luck with your healing and everything."

Niall shook her hand and found himself smiling and laughing again.  "I will try to keep it short for your sake.  Thanks again, and it was nice meeting you too."

Julie put her hand briefly on Amanda's shoulder as she walked out.  "See you in the locker room when you're done."

Amanda nodded at Julie and then turned and smiled back at Niall.  "So I'm sure my friend, who is always more than prepared, covered every detail of your discharge instructions, but do you have questions before we let you go?"

"Yeah," Niall said as he sat up to put his shoes on.  "You're her ride home? Are you guys more than just coworkers?"  He asked as he bent down to tie his shoes.