Chapter 11

I launch myself at a salamance, claws appearing on my hands and lengthening. The salamance growls and launches a dragon pulse at me, which I dodge by taking off into the air. It takes off after me, at a much slower pace due to it's size. I fold my wings and dive towards the ground. Three, two, one. At just the right time, I spread my arm and rake my claws down its side with a dragon claw. Seconds before I touch the ground, I spread my wings and land softly.

A few snowflakes whirl past me. I whip around to see a cluster of flakes swirling around and rapidly spreading. The beartic behind the storm growls and continues to charge up the blizzard attack. Before thinking, I start shovelling ground out of my way as an escape route. Once I'm underground, I let my senses take control. I start digging up towards a beartic. Might as well take out the threats first.

Suddenly, I am being tossed and thrown around the tunnel. I scream in pain as my head smashes against the top of the cave. Rocks and dirt tumble down from the roof and start to bury my path. Another small rock hits my head as I crawl, frantically trying to escape. I rip my right foot free from a packed down pile of dirt. More stones fall on the mountain my left foot is in.

Suddenly, everything is still. I take the opportunity to dig up. Or what I think is up. The tunnel is pitch black. I end up behind a beartic, who I quickly use heat wave on. A huge roar sounds behind me. Yippee. My old friend salamance.

I put my hands in front of my face as if it would actually block the attack. "Wait salamance"

The man who was on the screen appeared. "Heh. Look who has got you know. Too bad your little friend can't save you this time"

I try to come up with a smart remark, but all that comes out of my mouth is coughs. He laugh like an idiot. "Nothing to say, eh? okay then back to the lab"

It all happened in slow motion. The huge dragon charged the purple beam in its mouth, the loud snap, salamance suddenly skidding to the left and into the mountain, and the moment where even the wind was silent. Oh, and the part where everyone is running for their lives from the deadly avalanche. Unfortunately, this part isn't in slow motion.