10| the warrior i am

LITTLER RED.
10. | the warrior i am

 | the warrior i am

◦ ◦ ◦

POPPY WAS SAT BACK IN HER CELL, STILL IN HER FATIGUE STATE. Strangled breaths escaped her busted lips.She glanced down at her torn shirt, where blood was sleeping out off.The pain hurt, incredibly, but this wasn't her time to give up.She hadn't survived this long to give up on everything she had fought for.Her freedom.One question was still floating in Poppy's mind, did Pan notice she was missing? Poppy felt if he knew, than she would already be saved.But if Pan didn't care about her, than she was a goner.And Poppy went with her second opinion of him not caring about her.She was going to be stuck here, forever.

The cell door opening brought Poppy out of her trance.The leader-like man walked in, closing the door behind him.

"My daughter sees strength in you." He announced.Poppy looked up, with a stone hard face, not having this small talk.Yet, he continued, "She is your age, very wise and one day may take my place as leader.But something about you intrigues her, and I can not lie to say the same about me."

Curiosity bubbled up inside Poppy.Her eyebrows furrowed, as the man held no emotion on his face.

"You showed bravery.Bravery makes a warrior."He stated.Poppy snorted, a sarcastic smile taking a hold of her face.The Man looked at her confused.

"Ah, How honor it brings to me to hear the king say how brave I am."Her words sounded almost like Pan's.He had grown on her too quickly.The Man huffed, not likening her attitude.

"I am giving you an opportunity.Become one of us, like me, a warrior, or stay locked up in here, slowly dying."He hissed at her.Poppy's once sarcastic smile had left her face, replaced with a frown.

She looked dead into his eyes,"I am never joining you.Your no warrior, your a coward, hiding behind his own people.A warrior is not all bravery, it is loyalty, discipline, fighting for what you believe, truth and doing the right thing by sacrificing.All of those things, you are not.So don't say you are a warrior, when you don't show any of those things."She spat at him,venom leaving her tone at every word she spoke.If Pan was here, he would be mentally proud of her, right now.The king was so mad.He wanted no mercy for this girl, he almost saved.

He took a deep breath, Standing straight up not daring to look intimidated by her words,"You are a little girl.No girl like you,can be a warrior.So, you chose, you will rot in here until it's just your Skeleton sitting where you are."He stated, anger radiating off of him as he stormed out of her cell.

Poppy scolded herself but also felt proud of herself, for standing up and not being the scared girl she was when she first stepped onto this island.Pan had taught her a lot of how behavior can act on other people.She could see the king was scared a little of her, but didn't show it.What she said was true, he was a coward, his own people fighting for him as he only ordered stuff, not doing any action.But she was not a little girl.She has survived a whole lot of days on this island, and with the devil.She was sat there, bleeding out all over her body, her ankle falling off any moment, but is she quitting? No. Warriors don't sit, they fight.That's what she was doing.Not long after the king left, Farrah walked in with a menacing grin on her face.