13| death is lined with sadness

𝟏𝟑| 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

*✧ ───────── ✧*

THE SKY TURNED DARK. It was a grey day out, and moods were brought low.Everyone slept soundly that night, but wasn't prepared for what the day would bring them.Poppy struggled to go to sleep that night.She tossed and turned, not finding she was at all tired. By the time she finally fell asleep, darkness invaded her mind.

It was like a nightmare, she was standing in a dark room.She cried out if anyone was there, but no answer.Suddenly, her legs felt numb, she collapsed on the ground. She winced from the hard impact.She was alone.

That's when a light shined. A door appeared right in front of her.The door glowed with a bright white light.Someone opened the door and stepped out.It was Captain Hook, with a evil grin on his face she had seen on Pan's face countless of times. He brought his hook near his face, smirking down at how vulnerable she was at that moment. Poppy looked at him in fear, trying to back up, but couldn't move her legs at all.She shook her head in denial, as Hook got closer.She screamed, Hook about to take her head off.

She gasped awake, jolting up into a sitting position.She held her throat, feeling like she was getting choked, and she couldn't breath.She started to breath heavily once she regained oxygen.She gripped the hammock she was on, her knuckles turning white.She shrugged it all off, and pulled on her combat boots. Poppy ran out of her tent to be meant with a breath of fresh air.She breathed it in before walking over to get some breakfast.

Her stomach rumbled, looking at the food.She grabbed an apple, piece of bread and some fresh orange juice.She sat down by the fire on a log, scarfing down all the food like she hadn't eaten in days.She gazed at the newly lit fire, the sparks dancing around.

"Thought I'd find you here. You always seem to be sitting here."Connor mused, sitting down next to Poppy with bread stuffed in his mouth.She chuckled, but silently agreed with him.She did always sit there.

"Guess I'm just original."Poppy shrugged, biting into her apple.Connor gave her that goofy smile that made him look like a dork but cute.

"Your more than original, your unique, Poppy."Connor gushed to her.Poppy grinned at him showing him her pearly white teeth.

For some odd reason Connor was the only one who understood her and he was the only one that could persuade her.She didn't know what it was about him but he was a really good friend for the situation they were in.

"Hey,"Connor spoke up.Poppy turned to look at him."Why does Pan call you Littler Red?"Poppy sighed looking down.She realized she never told him her family and her past.She was still unsure is she could trust him with her secret but Poppy loved taking risks.