17| this is were it ends

𝟏𝟕| 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

*✧ ───────── ✧*

TIME TO TIME, Poppy would visit Rainen and bring her food and the essentials he needed.The boys always wondered where she ran off to.Pan never questioned her and kept to himself.The two of them weren't really in the talking mood.Every sense Pan declared to her that he doesn't love her and he never had been in love, a part of her broke.She blamed herself, it was her fault that she believed he could have a heart.

The memories she cherished with her mother were the answer she were looking for to all her questions.Because of them, she found out who her true self was and she was going to embrace it.Pan might not trust Rainen or any other wolfs, but she does.She believes he's not the only one of his kind in the island, there could be more.

A pack.

Mostly all Wolf's have a pack.But they all came from somewhere so there has to be one on this island.Poppy didn't know how she knew all that.Something sparked in her, a facts rushed through her veins that connected to her brain.Rainen was out all alone, like he was looking for somebody and he found them.Poppy got the answers, but some questions remained unanswered.

Poppy sat up from off the ground, dusting excess dirt off her trousers.She smirked, satisfied with the picture she drew from scratch on a single piece of paper and an inked quill.It was a picture that was in one of her dreams, where she stood above the pack of wolfs as they bowed down to her.She carefully stuffed the paper into her back pocket with the quill.

She was looking better than she was before.She got enough sleep, took a dip in the waterfall, got fresh clothes and smiled more.As she walked past her two friends she could see the grins of proudness that were on their face. Ever sense she found out her true self, she was more confident, like her old self again.

All of that stopped when she heard a lung filled scream coming their way.All the lost boys including Pan stood up, alarmed.Many got their weapons ready to attack.A fellow lost boy came running into the camp.Poppy was horrified of what she saw, he was bruised and bloody.Some parts of him were burned and by how he reacted it looked like he was tortured.He muttered something right before he fell on the ground, unconscious.

"Their coming."

Lost boys brought him into the med tent, applying medicine to his moods.He was so badly tortured it would take months for him to full recover.Poppy felt bad for the boy who looked around her age.Whoever did this, did it to an innocent boy.Poppy rubbed her temple, walking over to Slightly and Tootles who were having their own little talk.