16| her true self

𝟏𝟔| 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

𝟏𝟔| 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

*✧ ───────── ✧*

    ALL HER LIFE POPPY had been running.Running away from the truth and her past. All she wanted was to live a life full of peace and bliss.Poppy always got the more complicated ways.

There were things her mother never told or Poppy just never understood them.All her life has been a lie. Little Red wanted her daughter to be safe, that meant keeping secrets from her, Secrets that are now unfolding.Memories rushing to her brain, making her want to explode and thinking it could all be over.The things her mother kept from her, could have helped her in the past.

She was sweating, slowly starting to feel herself go insane. The wolf followed right behind her she guided him to a safer place.In all honesty, she had no clue where she was going but she was determined to find something for the wolf.Her eyes lit up when she saw a dark and empty cave.Just there luck, it started to rain, fast.She rushed into the cave for shelter.The wolf shook her body, water coming off her fur.

Poppy shivered, hugging herself from how cold it had gotten so quick.The wolf laid down against a the stone wall, laying his head on the ground, looking worn out and exhausted.Poppy sighed, watching the rain fall from outside and listening to the drops.She started to pace back and fourth making the wolf look up and watch.

Her fingers fumbled under her chin, as she started to mutter weird things.Her heart was beating rapidly and she had goosebumps on her arms.The wolf whines causing her to stop and slide down the wall, sitting down criss crossed next to him.He laid his head in her lap.She softly smiled and when she touched him, her eyes went to the back of her head and she gasped her mind going to somewhere else.

A dream.

Poppy was in a forest all alone.She looked around at her surroundings.It was dark and cold, she hugged the red cape she realized she just had on closer to her body for warmth.As she turned her head, she could make out a wolf sitting, staring at her in the far distance.For a couple seconds it just stared at her and then walked the other way making her curious.She followed it, making sure not to come to close to it.

She thought she lost it when she turned a corner and it was sitting there, waiting patiently for her.It tilted its head, looking up at the moon and howling, like it meant to do it in front of her.Other howls followed soon after from far away.The wolf turned back around and started to run away.Poppy, being to intrigued chased after it.It took long but she pushed through trees branches and stopped at an open field, with a cliff close by.

Wolves.Many stood seated staring at her, a whole pack of them.Her heart started to speed up.The wolf from before was standing in front of stone slabs that looked like stairs leading up to a huge rock that overlooked them all.The wolf looked back and fourth between her and up the stairs.