Leaving

Sated yet sad, Tom moped around the apartment all day. He couldn't stay in the same room as Chris and Liam as they were packing all their belongings.

January 3rd... Today was the day the Hemsworth brothers were to go back to Australia.

Tom didn't even want to think about being alone again, not after spending almost every second of every day with his soul mate. The very thought of him leaving, travelling across the globe and things going back to how they were before made him feel physically sick.

"Ignoring me isn't going to make this easier, sweetcheeks," Chris whispered from his perch in the hallway. Tom buried his face further into the blanket, refusing to let his boyfriend see the sting of tears behind his eyelids. Of course, Chris wasn't having any of it and gently tugged the material away from his lover's cheeks. "I love yo-,"

"Don't say it," Tom groaned weakly, slapping his hand over Chris' mouth and gazing at him with pitiful teary eyeballs. Chris wrinkled his nose and kissed those long, smooth fingers. "I can't hear you say that and leave, Chris-,"

"I'm not leaving, dumbass," Chris snorted, rolling his eyes and side-tackling Tom onto his back. "I'll be across the globe, sure, but no way am I ever leaving you, Mr Hiddleston. That ass is too fine."

Tom laid his head back and laughed out loud, a few salty tears squeezing from his eyes and straying down his flushed cheeks. Chris' heart constricted painfully at the sight. How could he ever bring himself to leave this amazing human being?

"Chris-,"

"Shh," Chris coaxed quietly, kissing the trail of wetness from his boyfriend's cheeks. His hands trailed their way from Tom's neck to rest upon his chest, feeling the comforting thump of his heartbeat. The cold silver pendant he gave Tom for Christmas felt warm and secure against his wrist, reminding him of their love. Their love. It wasn't going to go away any time soon.

When he looked up, Tom was staring down at him, beautiful eyes painfully wide and hurting, Chris couldn't stand it. He kissed his nose, causing the smaller man to wrinkle his it and giggle adorably.

"I'll be running your phone bill, you know," he giggled, embarrassed. Chris loved the way his cheeks flushed and his lips quirked unsurely. "I want to hear your voice every day."

"I'll have to make a 24/7 system tracker, like Tony Stark in the Iron Man movies," Chris snorted, kissing his lover on the lips before reluctantly rolling off him. As much as he'd love to pin his lover to the sofa and map every inch of his body one last time, Liam would be home at any moment and they would have to leave.

Tom seemed to sense his thoughts and shot a hand reflexively to grip Chris' sweater.

"Don't go," he whispered. Chris felt his heart break.

"I'm sorry, baby," he sniffed, running an affectionate hand across his partner's smooth cheeks. The wetness and slight tremble beneath the skin fuelled his anxiety. When he left, Tom would have nobody to come home to. He'd be alone again.

No, no. Stop it. He'll be fine; it's going to be okay.

"Chrissy?"

"Hush, baby. We'll be okay. I promise. I fucking love you, with my whole life. Nothing can come between us. I love you."

"Always?"

"Forever."