Chapter 3

I'm in the pool with Kingston and Mocha. "Keisha I gotta talk to you later.", Mocha said.

"What's wrong?", I asked.

"Oh no, it's nothing bad."

"Okay good. You wanna go to the park Kingston?"

"Yes!", Kingston said.

...

As I pushed Kingston on the swing I talked to Mocha. "I was wondering if you would be cool with Deshawn staying with us for a little while. He has a job so he can help out.", Mocha said. I thought for a little while. I guess it's fine.

"Yeah that's okay.", I said.

"Okay. I'll let him know when we go home."

"Okay."

"Mama I wanna get on the slide.", Kingston said.

"Okay baby.", I said. I stopped the swing then he got off and ran to the slide. I waited at the bottom for him.

After he made it to the bottom I ticked him.

We ran around and played for a while then we left.

...

"Mama where's my daddy?", Kingston asked. I looked at him trying to hold my tears in.

"Come here baby.", I said. He walked to me and I picked him up. I hugged him tightly as tears ran down my cheeks. How do I tell him that his dad is in heaven?

I don't know what to say. I won't say anything, for now.

"I got ice cream!", I heard Mocha shout.

"Ice cream!", Kingston said getting off of me and running out of the living room. I blinked my tears away and wiped the tears that fell away.

...

I'm in my room dancing and singing with my brush like it's a microphone.

When the song went off I heard clapping. I turned around. It's Deshawn. Well isn't this embarrassing? "You got moves, but not more than me.", he said.

"Boy please.", I said rolling my eyes. He started dancing around outside of my door making me laugh. Kingston came in my room and started dancing.

"Get it little man." Kingston started going harder until the song went off. We clapped.

"Good job baby.", I said smiling and holding my hand out. He smiled then hit my hand.

...

We're going out for dinner tonight. Everyone that lives in the house except for Mocha, she doesn't feel good.

As we drove Kingston and Deshawn talked. I smiled.

We just made it to the restaurant. After I parked we got out and went in.

After we got seated we looked at the menus. "What do you want Kingston?", I asked looking at him. He put the crayon down and looked at the food. He pointed to what he wanted then started coloring again.

...

We all talked about Kingston's birthday which is in two months. My baby about to be four already. Time is really flying.

He keeps changing his mind about what he wants his theme to be but most of the time it's superheroes so that's what I'm sticking with.

After we ate we paid then left. Deshawn wanted to pay but I wouldn't let him.

...

When we made it home Kingston was knocked out. Deshawn took him in for me.

After I got him changed I took a shower and stuff then went to sleep.

...

As I slept I heard Kingston screaming. He must've had a nightmare. I got out of bed and started going to his room. He stopped crying as I did. I wonder why. "It's ok Kingston it was just a bad dream.", I heard Deshawn say. I walked in and saw Deshawn bouncing Kingston. Kingston reached for me making Deshawn look at me. "I hope you don't mind.", he said as he gave me Kingston.

"I don't mind. Thank you.", I said as I grabbed Kingston.

"No problem. Goodnight little man."

"Goodnight.", Kingston said. Deshawn left. "Mama I wanna sleep with you tonight. I don't want the boogey man in my closet to get me."

"You can sleep with me baby but there's no one in your closet.", I said turning the light on. I went to his closest and opened it. I put him down then we looked through it. "See baby, nothing."

"Okay."