Chapter 6

I've been thinking and I would like to take Deshawn up on his offer. He's sweet, kind, and I love how he is with Kingston. I want him to ask me back out though.

As I pulled up to my parent's grave with flowers I saw Deshawn's car. Why is he here?

As I walked to their grave I saw him right next to theirs crying.

While I stood in front of my parent's grave I felt him look at me so I looked at him. He sniffed. "Who are you here to see?", he asked.

"My parents.", I said as I put the flowers down. "You?", I asked.

"My daughter." I did not know that he had a daughter. No wonder he is like that with Kingston. "She was 5. Cancer." He started crying again. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

I can't imagine losing my son. I would be crushed.

"I'm so sorry."

...

Me:Hello?
Mocha:Where are you?
Me:Down the street, what's up?
Mocha:Oh okay, good. Nothing, they just called me in.
Me:Okay here I come.
Mocha:Okay, bye.
Me:Bye.

I hung up.

I pulled in and Deshawn pulled in right after me. We got out of our cars then went in the house. "Kingston?!", I called.

"Mama!", he yelled as he came down the stairs. I smiled.

"Hey baby."

"Hey."

"I'll see y'all later.", Mocha said.

"Okay, see you later.", we all said as she walked out the door. "Mama can we play with the water guns?", Kingston asked.

"Yeah baby.", I said.

...

I looked at Deshawn's body as they played with the water guns. He got a fucking body. "You like what you see?", he asked standing in front of me smiling.

"Huh?", I asked. He chuckled.

"You heard me."

"Maybe." He smiled making me smile.

"A'ight.", he said before turning around. "Where's Kingston?" I stood up and looked but I didn't see him. We looked around then I heard a splash. I turned my head and saw Deshawn laying Kingston on the ground. He's not moving. I ran over there and started performing CPR.

After a little bit water came out of his mouth and he started coughing. I pulled him to me. None of this would've happened if Deshawn wasn't in my fucking face. I could've lost my baby. "Go sit down baby.", I said. He got up and went and sat down. "None of this would've happened if you weren't in my fucking face!", I yelled.

"Wait, I know you're not blaming me for this.", Deshawn said.

"Yeah I am! You gotta go! Now! I'm not about to lose my baby because of your dumb ass! And to think I wanted to get dinner with you."

"Let's get something straight, okay? Him falling in the pool wasn't my fucking fault! You should be thanking me and be thankful that I was here! He could be dead right now! Do you know that?!"

"Stop yelling at my mama punk!", Kingston yelled hitting Deshawn's legs.

"I'm gone.", Deshawn said before walking into the house.

"Nigga bye. I don't need you. Don't come back either. ", I said.

"Shit I won't. The fuck?"

...

I told Mocha what happened. She wasn't mad or anything she just feel like the situation could've been handled better.

Kingston been quiet for a while now. Let me go check on him.

I went to his play room but he wasn't in there so I went to his room. I saw him on his bed looking down. "You ok baby?", I asked.

"I miss Deshawn. I didn't mean to make him leave. I just didn't want him yelling at you. I'm sorry.", he said.

"Baby it's not your fault. I promise. He just had to go." He got up and hugged me. I hugged him back.