Chapter 7

Tomorrow is Kingston's birthday. He has been feeling down every since Deshawn left. I hate seeing my baby like this I don't want him sad. I feel bad for making him leave. It really wasn't his fault but I made it seem like it was. I want him to come back but my pride won't let me call him.

As I tucked Kingston in he just looked at me. "Mama will Deshawn be at my birthday tomorrow?", he asked.

"I don't think so baby.", I said.

"Oh. Goodnight." He turned his back towards me. I feel so bad. I kissed him then left turning the light off and cracking the door behind me.

...

It's my big boy's big day! He's four years old.

Once I woke up I smelled breakfast. I woke Kingston up then we went downstairs and ate.

When we were done eating we all took showers then got dressed. I was gonna leave to start decorating but Mocha said it was taken care of.

I wish Kingston had his other side of family in his life but they blame me for Deontae's death and don't want anything to do with me, with us.

When it was 12:00 we left taking his gifts with us.

...

When we made it there it looked amazing. Kingston sat down at a table not paying attention to the decorations. "You don't like it?", I asked.

"I do, I wish Deshawn was here.", Kingston said.

"Me too baby." I kissed his head then put the gifts by other gifts. It's a lot of them. Who's here?

I went back to Kingston and sat down. I hate that my baby is sad on his birthday. "Mocha come here!", we heard Deshawn yell. Kingston smiled. Mocha looked at us and smiled. He's here.

"You come here!", Mocha shouted.

"I need your help with something!" Mocha didn't say anything. He walked into the room we were in. "Girl you don't-"

"Deshawn!", Kingston yelled running to him smiling. Deshawn smiled then picked him up. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too little man. Happy birthday."

"Thank you." I stood up. They hugged then talked. I looked away with my hands behind my back.

"So, Wonder Woman, how you been?", I heard Deshawn ask. He called me Wonder Woman cause that's who I am. I looked at him then I hugged him tightly, he hugged me back. I started to say sorry.

"I'm s-"

"Don't be.", he said cutting me off.

"I missed you." He looked at me.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah really.", I said smiling.

"I missed you too.", he said. We hugged again.

"Aww I can just throw up.", Mocha said. We looked at her.

"Don't hate.", I said.

...

People are starting to come. As I looked around for Kingston I saw Deontae's auntie and a few of his family members. What are they doing here? Deshawn walked to her and took as many gifts as he could as they talked then looked around. He pointed at me with his head then walked away with a few people behind him with gifts. His auntie started walking to me.

After she made it to me she hugged me catching me off guard then I hugged her back. "Hey baby.", she said after we let go.

"Hey.", I said smiling.

"I am so sorry for how we've been acting towards you. It's not your fault. We really want to be in Kingston's life." I've been waiting to hear something like that for years.

"I accept your apology and I really want you in his life, all of you." We hugged again.

"Where's the birthday boy?", she asked. I looked around then pointed to him.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to him.", I said.

...

His party just ended, everyone left. He got so much shit it's not even funny. He had a really good time and I'm happy he did. "Girl how did you do all of this?", I asked Mocha.

"It was all Deshawn.", she said. I smiled and looked at him and Kingston as they cleaned up. "He really likes you. You should give him a chance to take you out. You'll like him too." Maybe, just maybe.

_______________

If y'all haven't noticed I don't have a life so I update a lot lol. Let me know how it is so far though.