Chapter 1

Kingston just got done getting his hair cut.

Now we're going shopping.

It's been three tough years, and I mean tough. I'm still healing from everything and I'm in therapy. "Mama.", Kingston said as I put him in the car.

"Yes baby?", I asked.

"Kiss." I smiled and kissed him. After I did he smiled.

"I love you baby."

"I love you too.", he said. After I buckled him in I closed the door then got in the car.

...

"Mocha?!", I called after walking in the door with Kingston. She came to the door.

"Yes?", she asked. "Hey sexy man.", she said to Kingston tickling his stomach making him laugh. I swear this boy was just sleep. I put him down then he ran off.

"Can you watch him while I bring the bags in?"

"Yeah, imma have my cousin help you."

"I was wondering who's car that was.", I said.

"I didn't tell you that my cousin Deshawn was coming?", she asked.

"No."

"Oh, well yeah he's here. Deshawn?!" A dude walked to us.

 Deshawn?!" A dude walked to us

"Wussup?", he asked.

"Help my best friend with her bags for me.", she said.

"A'ight. I'm Deshawn.", he said holding out his hand.

"Keisha.", I said shaking it. We went and got the bags. After four trips we had everything.

Some people say I shouldn't spoil my son but I don't care. My baby will have everything he needs and everything he wants. He will always have everything he needs but when he get to a certain age he's going to have to go get the stuff he wants.

...

I'm cooking dinner for us now. For Kingston, Mocha, Deshawn, and me. I'm making spaghetti, fish, and garlic bread.

After I put the noodles on I went to the living room to see what Kingston was doing. He's playing with his cars with Deshawn. I smiled cause he's smiling. "Where's Mocha?", I asked.

"Oh yeah, she ran to the Walmart.", Deshawn said. She left me here with him. Alone. He could do anything to Kingston or me.

"I'm back!", I heard Mocha yell as I thought. I quickly went to her.

"Mocha I can't believe you!", I said with tears in my eyes. She looked at me confused.

"What?"

"You left us here with him! He could've did anything to us! I don't wanna get raped again Mocha!" I started crying hard. She hugged me tightly.

"I'd never put you in harm's way, that's a promise. You know that. Every dude isn't the same. Every dude isn't out to get you boo. My cousin isn't like that, I promise. If he was I wouldn't be around him at all and I wouldn't have him around you. Don't you trust me,", she asked.

"Of course I do.", I said sniffing. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay boo. Go lay down. I'll finish dinner and watch Kingston. I love you girl."

"I love you too."

...

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier.", Deshawn said as I watched TV. I looked at him.

"Trust me, it wasn't you.", I said.

"You sure?"

"Positive." After I said that I heard Kingston scram. We jumped up and followed his cries to his play room. Mocha was up there too. The door is closed. I opened the door, not hard just in case he was right there.

After he opened the door I saw him backing up and shaking his hand as he cried. We walked to each other then I picked him up. "What's wrong? You smashed you fingers baby?", I asked. I softly grabbed his hand and kissed his fingers. He laid on me and I bounced him as he cried.

We all went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and got him an ice pack then we went into the living room. That's where Mocha and Deshawn was. I sat on the couch with him on my lap. "You okay little man?", Deshawn asked after Kingston stopped crying. Kingston got off of me and went to Deshaun. He sat next to him and laid on him.

I honestly wish Kingston had his daddy in his life. I hate that Dominic killed Deontae, I really do. He didn't just take away someone I loved but he took away the father of my child. I hate it.