Chapter 24

Me and Deshawn are arguing. Some chick walked up to us while we were shopping talking about she's fucking my man so of course I went off.

He claims that she's an ex and that they broke it off when he first moved in with us. "Then why would she say that she's fucking you Deshawn?!", I yelled.

"I don't fucking know Keisha!", he yelled back.

"You're cheating on mg mom?!", Kingston yelled walking in my room.

"Who are you talking to Kingston?", Deshawn asked.

"Kingston get out.", I said.

"No mom he is not and I repeat is not about to just disrespect you and cheat on you. Not while I'm around.", Kingston said.

"Kingston stay in a childs place.", Deshawn said.

"Don't tell my son what to do.", I said.

"Right you're not my dad. You're nothing like my dad and you never will be. You don't have kids, your daughter died remember? You're just somebody who took care of me cause my mom got locked up and I didn't have any other family. That's it. You can't tell me what to do.", Kingston said. Deshawn just looked at Kingston then left slamming the front door. He looked so hurt. Kingston didn't have to say that his daughter died. That was out of line.

"Kingston go to your room.", I said.

"Wha-"

"Go to your room!" He walked away mad. I didn't want Deshawn to leave, I just wanted the truth. Maybe he was telling the truth. I know Deshawn is hurt. I feel bad.

...

I'm sitting on the stairs waiting for Deshawn. It's 3 in the morning and he isn't here. He's not answering his phone. I'm gonna call him again.

As I was about to call him he walked in the door with a small brown bag. I hope he wasn't drinking and driving. "Where were you?", I asked standing up. He looked at me. He looks sad and drunk.

"I was at the grave yard for a while then I went to the bar then I got a bottle then I came home.", he said. He's not lying. "I saw so much of her in him when he was younger of course. I just, I just miss her so much." He looked down and sniffed. I walked to him and pulled his head to my shoulder. He held me and started crying.

I don't know what it's like to lose a child but I do know that if I lost Kingston I would go crazy. "Baby it's ok."

"I just I feel like he's like my son. I take care of him like he is, I spend time with him like he is, I love him like he is but the feeling isn't mutual. I'm-" He stopped talking and just cried.

"He didn't mean it. He was just mad.", I said.

"I'm sorry.", we heard Kingston say. We looked at him. He's on the stairs. "I didn't mean it Deshawn. I don't want you to leave us again. You're like my dad and I don't want that to change. I'm sorry." Kingston and Deshawn walked to each other then hugged. "I love you dad." Deshawn started crying harder.

"I love you too son."