Chapter 13

I woke up in Deshawn's arms. I don't wanna move. I feel so comfortable. Shit I might as well go back to sleep. Nah. I turned around and looked at him. He's up. He smiled making me smile. "Good morning.", he said.

"Good morning.", I said back.

"Get ready. We're gonna go to breakfast."

"Okay." He kissed my head then left.

...

After we ordered she took our menus then left. "Thanks for last night.", I said.

"Please don't thank me.", he said.

"Okay."

"Can I ask you something?" I shook my head up and down. "Where's Kingston's dad?"

"He was killed by my crazy ex.", I said.

"I'm sorry.", he said.

"Don't be." He shook his head up and down. We talked about having a day out with Kingston. Just taking him a few places one day. All three of us.

...

We just made it to the mall. He's taking me shopping. I didn't want him to but he wouldn't give up so I gave in. "Where to first?", I asked.

"Hmm, you wanna go to the Polo store?", he asked.

"Sure." We started walking there. As we did he grabbed my hand. I looked at him then grabbed his. I saw him smile making me smile. I turned my head straight.

...

This man is cashing out on me. Like spending so much. I don't want him to but he is. "Look at that purse, do you like it?", he asked.

"Yeah but I don't need it. I have a lot of purses.", I said.

"One more wouldn't hurt."

"I don't want it."

"Please let me give it to you.", he said.

"But-" He gave me puppy dog eyes. "Fine.", I said. He smiled. "I gotta get Kingston after this though."

"That's already taken care of."

"What do you mean?"

"I asked Mocha to pick him up.", he said.

"Oh okay.", I said. After we got the purse we left. Thank God. "You know you didn't have to do this right?"

"I know but I wanted to. When was the last time you were spoiled?" I sat there thinking.

"I don't know."

"Exactly, you deserve it. If you didn't I wouldn't have done it. You take care of everybody else but who takes care of you?", he asked.

"I take care of me. I don't need a man to.", I said.

"I know that Miss.Independent but I'm just saying. Sometimes it's nice you know?"

"Yeah, it do feel good."

"It's not the end of it.", he said. I looked at him.

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"Imma take you to get your nails and toes done then we're going on a date."

"Where?"

"I'm not telling you. It's gonna be fun though.", he said.

"Okay.", I said.

...

He sat with me the whole time I got my nails and toes done, I could tell he didn't like the smell though.

Now we're on our way to the date.

As I sung along to No Effort we pulled up to a skating rink. Oh my God I haven't been skating in forever. I squealed. I love skating. "I knew you would like it.", he said. I looked at him as I smiled.

After he parked we got out and walked in holding hands.

...

We just pulled up to the house. There's police and ambulances here. What the hell is going on?

I got out of the car and ran to the door. I tried going inside but an officer wouldn't let me. "This us my house!", I yelled as I got past him. "Kingston?! Mocha?!", I yelled running into the living room. There's officers in there. "Where's me baby? Where's my best friend?", I asked them.

"There's a child upstairs but we can't find them.", an officer said. I ran upstairs.

"Kingston baby?! Come here!" I ran around as I heard crying. I can't tell where it's coming from. I know where he is. He's in a hiding place in his closet. He hides there sometimes.

As I ran into his room he ran to me. I picked him up and held held him tightly. "Baby what happened?", I asked. He's trying to talk as he cried so I couldn't understand him. "Baby calm down."

"Something happened to auntie Mocha.", he said crying. I ran downstairs and looked around. I saw Deshawn walking out of the kitchen with his fists balled and tears in his eyes. I was about to go in there but he stopped me.

"No.", he said shaking his head.

"What happened?", I asked. He went to my ear and whispered something to me.

"Somebody shot Mocha. She's not breathing. She's dead."