Chapter 2

I push, or actually tap, the red button on the screen of my phone. The weirdest phone call ever, but I'm happy I've had it. I'm looking forward to a pizzovie-night. The last time we've had one was the week before Jack showed up with his stupid jokes. I fucking hate that dick. Thanks to him, I'm lonely every Friday night.

I look at the clock at the top of the screen. 8:30 PM. In 30 minutes I've got band practice. It's not much. Just 4 losers being way too serious about their non-existing career. I can tell, I'm the drummer. Or the only one who can't read a single note. Still, they call me the hero for keeping everyone on track.

I jump off my bed and get downstairs as quick as possible. As I come into the kitchen, I grab a banana. I love bananas. For some reason, they're so fucking delicious. When I was little, I used to eat them all day. As we all know, or not, it's not healthy to eat more than 5 bananas a day. So I got diarrhea pretty often.

I peel the banana and stuff my mouth. I run towards the garage, get my motorcycle and leave the house without any details. My motorcycle is black like oil. It races across the road. On the way to Simon's house. He's the one who came up with the band. Kind of the leader. That's why the practice is at his house, and he's the only one with enough space and not many neighbors.

'Hey bro!' I hear William, one of the other members of the band, shout. 'I've got another name for the band.' He's the bass guitar player. A very bubbly person who always comes up with the most ridiculous ideas for band names. Let's just say, we don't have one yet.

'The Damdammers!' he shouts like a monkey who has just seen the biggest banana in the world. I laugh and get off my motor. After I've put it away, we walk towards the house together.

We ring the doorbell and within a few seconds, it opens. 'How many times do I have to tell you 'You can come through the back'?' Jack's mom says. She's very loose, as long as things happen the way she likes it. Luckily, the way she likes it is OK.

'Sorry ma'am' William says, trying to enter the house. He's very polite to adults. To friends, he's just himself. He's a special weird guy. But that fits perfectly in our band.

'There you are, finally' Jack says as we walk into the garage, or "The Cave" how we like to call it. Jack and Simon are sitting on the couch. Simon is our pianist. He has a real talent. Sometimes I feel bad for him being in such a horrible band. He could get so much further with his music. He also writes most of our songs, with Jack. Jack is the main guitar player and singer.

'What did you do? Murder someone?' Simon asks, making Jack laugh. William shakes his head and smirks. 'Written any songs?' he asks cleverly. Some people think he's very dumb but he's not. He's able to change the subject so smoothly that no one notices till it's a few hours later.

'We have actually' Jack says full of proud. It must be a very good song. Jack is not the kind of person who is pleased quick. Not by himself, and not by others. He's a good guy though. Just don't do things he doesn't permit, he looks like his mom.

'Shall we let them hear it?' Simon proposes. We all agree and they start playing. Within 30 seconds I understand the rhythm and get behind the drums. This song is awesome! We all play together. After we've played it once, we discuss and change a bit. The song sounds even better now. We play some other songs and end the band practice.

'How's your friend?' William suddenly asks while we walk down the driveway. 'Fucked her yet?' he continues.

I stop walking and look him straight in the eyes. 'You heard what you just said? She's my FRIEND!' my offensive answer is. I walk away. I don't know what I'm going to do next time I see him, but it won't be chummy.

'I'm home!' I shout as I open the door from the garage to the house. But soon I find out, no one hears me. Not that I'm home alone. Everyone is just too busy to hear me. Too busy fighting or flighting. My parents are standing in the kitchen, throwing words at each other. Soon it'll be more than just words. Soon they'll throw vases at each other, followed by rings. I shiver at that thought and walk upstairs.

I open the door of my little sister's room. She's lying in her bed. Her pillow pressed on her head. I walk towards her and sit on the side of the pink bed. She notices and looks up. Eyes filled with tears of fear. I wrap my arms around her. I know we fight a lot, we're brother and sister. But in these times you realize: Family is more important than anything.

We sit there for more than an hour. When she finally falls asleep, I sneak out and go back to my own room. The fight kind of stopped, but the thunderclouds are still in the house. To make sure I won't be able to hear a new upcoming storm, I open my laptop, plug in a headphone and watch a movie.

Why do all people need to divorce these days? Is it a hype or something? Why can't people just keep their promises and love each other for life? There is nothing wrong with divorcing, but you'll hurt so many people. By the way, you made a promise. You promised to love each other till death. Did you really love each other enough to really marry? Or was it just the next step in your relationship? I don't get love. It's there and it's gone. Maybe love does make you blind. Love makes you blind for all the bad things the other does. And when the feelings are gone, you start to see them. Soon you'll start to hate every single thing the other one does. So you get a divorce. Stupid love.