The Nightmare

The exhausted Octoling struggled to catch his breath while refilling his ink tank to the halfway point. He frantically searched his surroundings when he could not find the other agent who was under Commander Tartar's control. His battle with the influenced Inkling had been going on for at least ten minutes, but it had felt like an eternity to Agent 8. He couldn't keep up much longer, it seemed.

Trembling legs collapsed underneath the short agent as his trusty Octo Shot clattered against the hard floor. Eight's panting was the only sound that filled the room. Other than his erratic breathing, the Octoling finally felt at ease.

That tranquil moment was abruptly stopped as a Splat Bomb was thrown in his direction. Agent 8 barely missed being splatted as he threw his body across the room. What little air he had left in his body rushed out of him as he crash-landed on his back.

Eight's caramel-colored eyes flung open as he felt his wrists being pinned above his head and his legs wrapping around something. Terrified eyes met with empty, glowing ones. Agent 3 had successfully pinned down the Octoling and was beginning to lean closer to him.

"Caught. You."

The monotonous voice sounded distorted, almost demonic; it caused Eight to shudder against the taller agent. 

The Octoling whimpered as the sickly colored slime hanging from Three's face began to drip onto him. It felt so hot yet so cool at the same time. The younger agent began to writhe out of the controlled Inkling's grasp. He was able to get one of his hands free, and he threw his fist into the other's jaw.

Agent 3 grunted as he fell back, allowing Eight to hastily get to his feet and run the opposite direction. The Octoling crouched behind a wall as he frantically looked for something to defend himself with. Feeling frustrated when he couldn't find anything of good use, Eight decided to stay in his hiding spot, desperately hoping he wouldn't be discovered.

Slow and heavy footsteps started to draw near him. There was a disturbing silence before the controlled agent spoke up.

"Agent Eight. Don't. Hide. From me. I. Just. Want. To plaaaay."

Even though the voice was void of any emotion, it still made the Octoling violently tremble.

Suddenly, Agent 8's ink ran cold as he heard a familiar yet terrified voice.

"E-Eight, please... Y-you gotta help me. I can't h-hold it back m-much longer! Oh, Cod!"

The Inkling screamed in agony as Eight froze in place.

Fingers then harshly dug themselves into Eight's shoulders and hoisted him up to his feet. He gasped as turquoise orbs pierced his light brown ones.

"Found. You. Agent Eight. Now I can. Finally. Finish you."

Three slammed his palm against the other's throat and pinned him against the cold wall.

Eight wildly clawed at the fingers gripping his neck as he weakly swung his feet in a pathetic attempt to kick the controlled Inkling.

"Th-Three, please... You can... f-fight this." A broken gasp erupted from the Octoling, "I-I know... you can..."

Glowing eyes never faltered as the taller agent slowly placed his Hero Shot against the other's temple. The tears that have been threatening to come out this entire battle finally spilled over Eight's cheeks as he weakly screamed.

"P-please, no!"

"Goodbye. Agent. Eight."

The last thing the Octoling agent heard was the trigger of the Hero Shot being pushed back.

An ink-curdling scream escaped Eight's lips as he bolted upright in his bed.

********
Here is the nightmare Agent 8 had before the events of the first one shot! I think this book will just be one shots revolving around the idea of Eight's nightmares from his fight with Three. So, I'll add more when I write them! I already have several ideas! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!