Alone with You: The Final Night

A little warning before you read: There is a bit of non-consensual kissing here, so if that bothers you, please feel free to skip this chapter! I hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading!
********
A soft, dull whir pulled Xander from his slumber. He searched around the room for the source of the calming noise, his eyes finally landing on a rumbling washer. Next to the washing machine was Sebastian, who was swaying his hips from side to side as he folded clean laundry. Finding the simple movement mesmerizing, the Inkling smiled and rested his chin in his palm to further admire the other's dancing.

Feeling a pair of eyes glued to him, Sebastian slowly ceased his motions and turned around, confusion evident on his face. Xander quickly straightened up and flashed a nervous smile at the Octoling.

"H-hey, Eight!" He pushed himself off the couch and walked over to Sebastian; as he got closer, the Inkling realized that his clothes were in the other agent's hands. "Um, what are you doing?"

"Oh, well, I just wanted to wash your clothes while you were here... You know, since you're staying here for the weekend and have done so much for me already. I wanted to return the favor somehow." A shy smile crept up on the shorter male's lips as he nervously wrung the socks in his hands. Xander quietly chuckled at the cuteness his friend was showing.

"Thank you, Sebastian, but you don't have to do that. I packed enough clothes for the weekend. For once, I actually came prepared." The Inkling flashed a goofy smile as the other giggled. "Here, let me help you with the rest of this laundry, and after we're done we can go to the Square for the day. How does that sound?"

The Octoling's toffee eyes sparkled, and he ecstatically nodded. Even though he had been on the surface for several months now, Sebastian still couldn't get over how fascinating Inkopolis and all its people are. The sights, the sounds, everything was like a never ending dream to him.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful, Xander! It would be nice to get out of the apartment for a little bit! It could help me keep my worrying mind off Augustus!"

"How is he, by the way? I never got the chance to talk to him last night."

"He's good! He told me that he might be able to finish up the mission early and be home as soon as tonight!"

Xander internally frowned at the last part. Although Augustus is his friend, he really did enjoy all of the alone time with Sebastian. He always felt like a third wheel when all three agents were together. It was a nice change to get some one-on-one time with the Octoling.

Lost in thought, Xander forgot to give a response. Sebastian waved his hand in front of the concentrating Inkling, quickly snapping the other out of his trance. The taller agent rapidly blinked a couple times before slapping on a half-fake smile.

"That's great news! I was starting to miss the guy! I couldn't imagine what you're going through! It must be so hard to go that long without him..."

They finally finished up folding the clean clothes and decided to get ready for their day out.
********

Sebastian's giddy laughter filled the area of the store he and Xander were currently browsing. The Inkling turned around to see what the shorter agent found so amusing. He saw the Octoling holding up a pink hoodie with a polka-dotted undershirt inside it.

"How ridiculous would I look in this?" Sebastian continued to giggle as the other agent cracked a smile.

"Why don't you try it on?" He asked teasingly. The Octoling smirked and whipped around, heading towards the changing rooms.

"Alrighty! Be right back!" After a minute or two, Sebastian spoke up. "Okay, I'm ready! Close your eyes! I want it to be a surprise!" Xander chuckled and did as he was told, waiting for the Octoling's permission to look. "Open your eyes!"