Too Early

This morning I woke up refreshed and healthy. I knew Jayla would be asleep because she probably hasn't been sleeping well lately so I decided to do my nails. I painted my toes black with one white dot in the corner.

I painted my fingernails a matte purple. I love matte. I let it dry while watching Love & Basketball. August stayed up all night working out so he was all the way knocked out.

He so sexy.

I took a shower when my nails hardened and got dressed in a white maxi skirt, a black bandeau, and black sandals. I put my hair up in a ponytail with a bump in the front then tied a white bandana around my hair. I did my makeup and brushed my teeth. I took a picture for all my loyal IG followers then went to Jayla's room.

She was just waking up. She was in pain so I gave her a pain pill and rebandaged her. We went to the kitchen and I made her an omelet and fried potatoes. She ate it all and asked for more which made me smile. She's already starting to be comfortable around me. I gave her some more then ate my food.

"We're going shopping today to get you a whole wardrobe Jayla. Some more stuff too like hygiene shit. But first tell me more basic stuff about yourself"

"Okay. I'm mixed with white, black, Indian, and Lebanese but mostly Indian which is why my hair is so straight. I have two brothers. I love to dance, sing, cook, and learn new things. I usually hang out with people older than me like you for example. I used to be a straight A student. I've never had a boyfriend. I've never had a friend my own age. I'm a lover of animals but I've never even touched one before. There was a point in my life where I cut. I've attempted suicide twice. I was pregnant with my older brother's baby from rape but I had a miscarriage. That's mostly it. Oh one more thing. When I get older I want to own my own business. I don't know what of but I want to be the boss"

"Wow. Some words of encouragement, you will never take yourself to the point of suicide with me, you will never get raped again, and you can be yourself here. We can get you enrolled in a school today if you want"

"That'd be great"

"Okay well let's go to my closet and get you an outfit for today" August was still sleeping when we walked in. We went to the closet and I closed the door.

We picked a pair of black shorts, a tight black v-neck, black Converse, some black jelly bracelets, and a black leather jacket. I put her hair up in a messy bun with some side swept bangs. I tied a black bandana around her hair then did her makeup.

After she got dressed I opened the door letting my overly excited dog stand up against me. Jayla gasped and started petting him. Looks like she has a friend. I took a picture of them then we got in my car.

I turned on Blessing by K Camp and sped off to the mall. I went off buying shit for her. I spent over $1K and we still weren't done. The last store was Footlocker and this cute boy had his eye on Jayla the whole time we were in the store.

"Jayla you got a fan"

"What?"

"Brian. The guy that helped you earlier is staring right at you"

"Oh my god what does that mean?!"

"He thinks you're cute!" I said laughing.

"I-I don't uh I don't really talk to boys Rayna what would I say if he walked over?!"

"He'll do most of the talking hon" I waved him over taking the shoe from Jayla's hand. He gladly strode over with his hands in his pockets.

"How can I help you beautiful young ladies?" He asked smirking at Jayla. She looked down nervously so I intervened.