No More Faking

"Kurrency I don't know what to do! I can't just be without him for this long not knowing where he is!" I cried burying my face into the pillow on the couch.

"Calm down babe. I'm gonna go make a few phone calls" She rubbed my back once again before going outside. I stared at my phone waiting for a text or call from someone so I could find out where my husband is.

Kye was asleep in bed and Jayla was out shopping at the mall. We've been here for a week and we're leaving tomorrow. I miss my babies.

I went up to my room and took a long hat bath just thinking. I heard a text tone from my phone but didn't get my hopes up. I got out of the tub 30 minutes later, dried off, and got dressed in a black sundress with a black floppy hat and some black heels.

I laid in bed and got on my phone seeing that a blocked number sent a video. I opened it tearing up at what I seen.

August. Tied up in a dimly lit basement. He looked tired. A person with a mask walked in and turned on a brighter light. He took a lighter from his pocket and held it to August's arm. I cried at the sound of him screaming in agony.

I paused the video seeing a tattoo on the guy's arm. It was a dragon that wrapped around his whole arm. I've seen that before. It's Mike!

I skipped to the end of the video to see if they killed August or not. Fortunately they didn't.

Mike: If you want him to stay alive, come to 1043 Cedar Avenue with Jayla and Kye... You're either here at 3pm Friday. Or he dies.

I sat up thinking about how stupid he actually was. The cops will be right behind me during what's soon to go down in two days. I got up and ran downstairs to Kurrency.

I explained everything to her then we went to start packing our stuff. She said she'd just come with us because I need her honestly. I called Jayla to come back home then I ordered a pizza. We can't leave until the morning so why not?

I laid on the couch relaxing. I can't believe Mike is doing this shit to him and us. I need a god damn break. I called Janice to check in on the babies but she didn't answer. Probably asleep.

Jayla walked in confused.

"What's going on?" She asked sitting down.

"I'll tell you when Kye comes down"

"I'll go get her"

"Okay"

The pizza got here so I paid and sat it on the table. I poured four cups of sprite and sat back down eating a piece of pizza while waiting for everyone.

Kye and Jayla finally walked in twenty minutes later with red faces. Why are they blushing so damn hard? They weren't fighting so what's up with that? They sat down on separate couches and avoided looking at me.

"What's up with you two?" I asked.

"Nothing" Kye said quickly taking a big drink of pop. Jayla stuffed her mouth with pizza so I wouldn't bother asking her. Kurrency walked in and sat down next to me.

"Alright well we need to talk about something. A-August is being held at a house back home. I know who's holding him there too. He wants you two in exchange for August" Jayla and Kye whipped their heads at me with wide eyes. "Don't worry. Everything will be okay. I'm gonna hand you two over but the cops will be there right after us"

"Oh. Well I'm cool with that as long as everyone will be okay" Jayla said.

"Everyone will be perfectly fine"

"Ray. Are they hurting August?" Kye asked concerned.

"Yes they are. He sent a video if you two want to watch it you can"