Chapter 5: The Wedding

The next day was bright and sunny; perfect for a wedding. Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and the Delacours were in the latter's room assisting Fleur in getting ready while Charlie and Bill went over their best man speech and vows respectively in Bill's room. Meanwhile, Mr. Weasley and some of the boys began setting up the marquee as guests would start arriving very soon.

Aria and Hermione were getting ready in Ginny's room. Aria opted to wear a flirty, off-white colored dress embroidered with black lace. She also wore her Liquid Luck chain necklace and tall black heels. She stood at the mirror, attempting to pin a half-up-half-down hair look when she saw something red in the corner of the mirror. She turned to see Hermione, who looked lovely in a low cut, bright red dress.

"Hermione, you look gorgeous!" said Aria, abandoning her hairpins and taking a closer look at the dress.

"Thanks." said Hermione half-heartedly. Her focus was on a small, beaded bag she had placed on the bed and had begun shoving a pair of jeans into.

"Erm...what's with the extra pairs of clothes...and where are they going?!" Aria asked as she watched Hermione shove more and more clothes into the bag that looked far too small too fit them all.

"Undetectable Extension charm." Hermione explained, "I thought I'd better pack the essentials. We'll be leaving any day now. It's good to be prepared in case we have to go on short notice."

"Right." said Aria, picking up her black clutch, "That's a good idea. I'll do the same."

"I've already packed a tent and practically a library in here." said Hermione, taking out a large, titleless book from the bag and showing to Aria, "I've got just about everything. You don't really need to pack anything else."

"Did you pack food?" Aria asked, raising her eyebrows.

Hermione's smug smile faded, "No. How could I have forgotten food?"

"It's alright." said Aria, "I'll pack some along with my things."

"Aria, don't you think Harry will be mad?" Hermione asked.

"For a bit, but he'll get over it," replied Aria, and she took out her wand and cast the charm on the clutch. She then began packing it with, among other things, various changes of clothes, her lens from Dumbledore, her wand, and, of course, her moving photograph of her and Harry at Slughorn's Christmas party. The one where they were smiling and happy together. She then made her way to the kitchen to pack the food.

Upon the counter facing a window, through which Aria could see the white marquee being set up, was a pile of red apples. Aria made her way to it, opening up the clutch as she went. She then began to put the apples in one by one. She had only been alone doing this for a moment before she felt the presence of someone behind her. She turned her head slightly, without turning all the way around, just to make sure she wasn't imagining things.

"You--erm--" started Harry, approaching her. "Button." She got goosebumps on the nape of her neck as Harry began to button the very top of her dress. Last she had spoken to Harry, they had argued. She did not turn to him, even when he finished with the button.

 She did not turn to him, even when he finished with the button