Chapter 14: Gringotts

It was nearing the end of April, and the preparations for the Gringotts break-in were nearly complete. Having found a few hairs on Hermione's sweatshirt, they had decided to use Polyjuice potion as a disguise. So Aria, being the best at potions, brewed it alone for a month in the room she shared with her friends. It was supposed to be completed by the end of the day, so that the next, they could carry out their plan. A plan which had them all very nervous.

"What's that?" Dean asked. Aria, who sat cross-legged on the floor, looked up from stirring of potion in the cauldron to see Dean standing in the doorway. It was afternoon and the sun was at its brightest, lighting up the snowy dust dots that danced around the room.

"Polyjuice potion." Aria answered, inviting Dean to take a seat next to her, "Ever tried it?"

"No." he said, looking down at the muddy potion in the cauldron, "Any good?"

"Absolutely disgusting." Aria replied adding an extra lacewing fly for good measure, "Takes a month to make but it's just about done."

"So that means you're leaving then?"

Aria paused and nodded solemnly, looking Dean in the eyes. "We have to finish what we started."

He nodded in understanding, "I would ask what that is, but I know you can't tell me." he said, standing up, "Take care of yourself."

"You too." Aria smiled, "Hope to see you again." With that Dean went from the room. Aria then realized that had been the longest conversation she had had with Dean since breaking up with him the previous year. They way they had talked, it seemed like they had been old friends rather than exes and Aria quite liked that. He had moved on with Ginny and she had moved on with Harry.

--------------------------------------------------

The next day, Aria, Ron, and Hermione gathered in the sitting room. Aria had split the potion into two glasses and was trying her best not to spill the muddy-green substance that did not look appetizing at all. Hermione was holding two strands of hair. One was very dark and the other was bright blonde.

"You know how ruddy lucky we are to have got these?" Ron said.

"Let's just hope they're theirs." Aria replied, her stomach turning at the smell of the potion and the anticipation of the taste.

"I'm positive they are." said Hermione, looking deeply worried which was not at all comforting.

"Sure they aren't cat hairs?" Ron smiled but Hermione shot him a look.

"Not the time to be joking."

"Sorry."

"I don't get it..." muttered Aria. Just then, Harry appeared behind them. Hermione dropped one hair into one glass Aria was holding and the other hair into the other glass. Aria handed Hermione one glass.

"Alright, here's the wands." said Harry, handing Hermione the dark, curved wand of Bellatrix and Aria the black, studded wand of Narcissa which Dobby had taken.

"Right." said Aria, the wand in one hand and the glass in the other, "When we get there, how will we know what it is? I mean, a Horcrux could be anything."

"I'll know." said Harry, without hesitation, "I can't explain. It's like... they sing to me."

"That's a bit frightening." said Hermione, "Did Dumbledore ever say anything to you, something that might explain why --"

"No." Harry interrupted her, "I just know when one's near." Just then, Bill and Fleur entered along with Sirius who joined the group about to depart. Fleur carried two black dresses in her hands.