Sheep in Wolves Clothing: Punished Venom Snake poem

Blood. Its sweet scent turning sour on his gear and clothing. His patch was drenched in it. His face dyed crimson. You could almost say it was a friend to him, with how often he came home like that.

Mens lives hung by a thread when he was there, cloaked in silence and wrapped in darkness of night. Silent as a cat, and vicious as a wolf. He comes and devours people like they're no more than sheep left alone and away from their shepherd.

Snake, the man who sold the world. The "boss". As his colleagues call him. His hair was always a mess, sometimes dyed with blood like his clothes. He was quiet most of the time. Listening, and figuring someone out before he even spoke a word to them. Almost like if Sherlock was a military operative.

He could crack a mans neck without a second thought. Yet he was so gentle with animals, and strict with his men.

How can such a man exist? How is he held together with what he's been through. His left arm gone. He has more scars on his body than actual skin.

And still, here I stand. Just... watching him sit and stare out into the horizon, gazing at the sunset at the end of each day on a mother base platform.

I wonder if he has dreams, or nightmares. Of ones he's loved, and those he's killed. I wonder if he wishes he could do things differently, or hoping for things he could never have.

I know I do.

So.... Why am I still here. Just watching him...?