Chapter Four

They sat waiting in the classroom for Professor Lupin. Draco began to doubt he was going to show up, "Maybe he's died from alcohol poisoning." He suggested, laughing alongside Crabbe and Goyle.

"Shut it, Draco. So what if he's a few minutes late?" Harry shot back, clearly not a big fan of Draco mocking a teacher.

"Since when did you become so much of a teachers' pet, Merlin. I was really hoping Professor Snape had gotten this position."

"Why? Because he loves you-know-who just as much as you do?" Harry scowled.

"Eat a dick, Harry. I do not love him." Draco didn't like it when Harry said things to him about the Dark Lord, he knew his parents served him, and so did the rest of the wizarding world but he still didn't think it was fair, it wasn't like they could back out now.

"Why don't you go eat you-know-who's dick? I bet you would if he asked you to." 

"Shut up, Potter. I would not, I would rather him kill me," Draco scoffed, what did Harry know anyway?

Harry didn't say anything back to him and a few seconds later Professor Lupin walked through the door.

"I apologize for my late entrance," He said, placing his briefcase on the desk. "Right then, if you'd all follow me."

The whole class was puzzled yet interested, they all got to their feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the classroom. He led them along the deserted corridor and around a corner, where the first thing they saw was Peeves, who was floating upside down in midair and stuffing the nearest keyhole with chewing gum. He didn't look up until Professor Lupin was two feet away; then he wiggled his curly-toed feet and broke into song.

"Loony, loopy, Lunin," Peeves sang. "Loony, loopy Lupin-"

As rude and unmanageable as he almost always, Peeves usually showed some respect to the teachers. Everyone looked Quickly at Professor Lupin to see how he would take this. To their surprise, he was still smiling.

"I'd get the gum out of the keyhole if I were you, Peeves," Professor Lupin said. "Mr. Flinch won't be able to get that out with his broom."

Peeves ignored him, blowing raspberries in his directions. With a smile on his face, Professor Lupin turned to the class. "This is a very useful spell, please watch carefully." He raised his wand to shoulder height, said, "waddiwasi!" and pointed it at Peeves.

With the force of a bullet, the wad of chewing gum shot out of the keyhole and straight down Peeves's left nostril; he whirled upright and zoomed away, cursing.

The class looked at him with a new found respect. Even Draco was impressed.

"Do you think we'll be learning how to do that?" He asked Harry.

Harry shrugged, "maybe some other lesson, I think he's got something else for us today, I heard Ron and Hermione say something about a Boggart. Some creature that takes the form of whatever you're most afraid of."

Draco nodded along to this, he could think of very few things that he was scared of, none of which he wanted any of the other students to know about. Especially not Harry.

Professor Lupin led them down a second corridor and stopped, right outside the staffroom door. "Inside please," he said, opening it and standing back so they could enter. 

The staffroom, a long, paneled room full of old, mismatched chairs, was empty. The class filed into the room, Lupin following close behind. He beckoned them toward the back of the room where only a wardrobe stood. Professor Lupin went to stand next to it and it gave a sudden wobble, banging off of the wall behind it.