Chapter Sixteen

After what they had witnessed with Snape it was even difficult for Hermione to deny that he was up to something no good. 

The four of them were sitting in the library the following night researching anything they could about the contents of the Room of Requirement. Hermione didn't know what the room was either and didn't seem to have any theories about what the cabinet Draco had described to her. 

So they sat there, immersed in books, looking for answers. Through all the effort and attention they were putting into their books, they hadn't even noticed Snape walk into the library and stand behind them. 

"Potter, Malfoy," he said. The four of them jumped and shut their books quickly. Had he seen what they were looking into? Seconds seemed to tick by slower as they waited for Snape to speak more. Draco couldn't help but think they were doomed if he had happened to see them last night. They had the invisibility cloak but that didn't stop him from worrying. 

"Dumbledore would like to speak with you," he finally said. Draco couldn't have been more relieved. Although they were probably meeting to discuss Horcruxes which terrified Draco almost as much as Snape did. 

"Okay, thanks professor, we'll be there in a minute," Harry said. 

Snape glared at them and then turned to leave. As soon as he was gone Harry and Draco began to pick up their stuff. They said goodbye to Ron and Hermione and they left the library. 

Draco grabbed Harry's hand he squeezed back. He didn't really care who saw, although some might have been shocked to find them together, he was over caring about what other people thought. He wanted people to know that Harry was his. 

*fourth year*

A maze, that was the entire third task. Just a maze. Of course, it would be full of things that wanted to kill him and keep him from the cup but he could easily get past everything with a few hexes. He would be winning the tournament in no time. 

As Draco told his three friends what he would be doing the next evening in the library, they did not share his confidence. 

"Draco, you're still going to have to find the cup and get past anything that might hurt you," Harry said. "I don't think it's going to be as easy as you think it is." 

"Have a little faith in me," Draco said. He closed the book Hermione had handed him and leaned back in his chair. He wasn't worried at all, and he didn't think his friends should be worried either. 

"If you're totally confident then I don't see the point in practicing anything," Ron said. Hermione shot him a nasty look and then addressed Draco herself. 

"You should still be worried, you can never be too ready for this sort of thing," she said. "It's the final task it's not going to be easy." 

"Fine," Draco said, "we can work on a few things, but really, I'm not worried." 

So that's what they did for the next few weeks up until the third task, they practiced different spells. Summoning spells, stunning spells, a spell that made his wand point north, and some disarming spells. By the time of the third task, he felt like they had over prepared him. But there was no way he was going to get stopped by anything now. 

Draco met with the other champions at the start of the maze, he heard the other students cheering behind him and he felt great pride for himself. He was a Hogwarts school champion, he was going to win and bring glory to his school. 

Ludo Bagman gave him the signal and him and Cedric were off. He liked Cedric but he couldn't show mercy to him now that they were in the maze, he was going to do what he had to do to win.