Chapter 8

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that Brendon is girly. He purposely wore high heels for a week after the bet was over, and honestly, you could just tell by the way he acted. Dallon figured it out pretty quickly. He didn't mind. He actually found it kind of cute. He had asked the boy out on a date, and he wanted to get him a gift or something. A flower crown. It's a little cheesy, but Dallon remembered that one time when they were walking around town, he saw a flower crown through the window and lit up. He didn't say anything about it, but Dallon could tell that he wanted it.

He knocked on the door and waited for Brendon to answer. He had the gift behind him, excited to give it to him. Brendon opened the door and gave a shy smile. It looked like he had been crying. "What's wrong, Brenny?" He looked up and forced a smile. "I'll explain later. Let's just have fun tonight." Dallon wanted to bug him about it until he told him, but he would tell him when he's ready. "I might have something to cheer you up." Brendon tilted his head. "Really?" Dallon chuckled a little as he handed him the bag he put it in. He excitedly unwrapped it and found the little flower crown at the bottom of the bag. He smiled ear to ear as he put it on. He ran to Dallon and wrapped his arms around. "I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!" Dallon chuckled at how adorable he was. "I'm glad you do." He placed a kiss on the boys cheek, somehow making him smile even more. He decided to wear the crown on their date. Dallon was happy that Brendon liked it.

They sat down at a booth in the fancy restaurant. The place was called "Vices and Virtues." It had a really nice vibe to it. The funny thing was that no one even cared that Brendon was wearing a flower crown. Dallon guessed that it was a more excepting part of town. The waiter took their orders and got right on it. "You look really good tonight, Dal." He turned red at the compliment and smiled back up at the boy. "Not as good as you do." Brendon rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Thank you for taking me out tonight. I needed to get my mind off of things and this was definitely the way to go." Dallon smiled. "It was my pleasure." They smiled, but it didn't last long as Brendon saw a familiar face start walking over to their table. Dallon was confused, as he saw a brown haired boy walking over to their table.

"Ryan?"

*****************
A/N: my brain is fried from the pre-ACT's, the dance I had to go to, and my speech party. I have a choir concert tomorrow, then I should start updating sooner. Sorry for the wacky schedule.