Chapter 9

"Ryan?"

Dallon's eyes widened. He had heard Brendon mention him before.

"I'm a second boy, too. His name was Ryan."

"I can see the heartbreak in your eyes. I know, I used to see that look stare back at me through a mirror."

This is the guy who left Brendon. The guy who hurt him in the past. "Hey Brendon! Funny running into you here!" Brendon nervously smiled as he stood in front of the table. Dallon could see the confusion in his eyes. Shit. "O-oh, Ryan, this is my b-boyfriend, Dallon." He looked over at the blue eyed boy and smiled. Dallon forced a smile back. "Nice to meet you." He smiled. "Nice to meet you too! So Brendon, what've you been up to?" They talked for a bit, but Dallon didn't really listen. "Still like flower crowns, I see. What happened to the one I got you? You still have it?" Brendon looked down at his hands under the table. "You took it with you, remember?" Ryan's voice got quieter as he muttered an oh under his breath. "W-well, I should probably go. I'll talk to you later, I guess. It was nice to meet you, Dallon!" And with that, the brown haired boy walked away. "You okay, Brendon?" He nodded, but didn't say anything. He'll tell me when he wants to.

"I'm sorry about tonight." Brendon was cuddled up to Dallon in bed, shirtless as usual. Dallon had his arms around him. "What do you have to be sorry for?" Brendon sighed. "Before our date, my dad called me to tell me that someone had outed me. I hadn't told him I was gay yet because I didn't know how he'd react. He reacted fine, but it just hurt that someone told him before I got to." Dallon rubbed his shoulder. "You don't have to be sorry about that. It's not your fault." Dallon could feel the boy cuddle up to him even more. "That's not what I'm sorry about." They both looked at each other as Brendon prepared himself to talk. "I didn't know how to react when Ryan walked over. I haven't seen him in almost a year.. he just acted like everything was normal, but it wasn't.. it's not like I still have feelings for him, but I felt like it kind of seemed like it in the restaurant? I don't know if any of this makes sense, but.." Before he could continue, Dallon kissed his cheek. "It's okay. I understand how that feels." Brendon smiled. "Thank you for tonight, Dal." He blushed as he pulled the boy closer. "Anything for my baby boy." Dallon placed a soft kiss on Brendon's lips. "Good night, Dal."

"Good night, Brenny."

*************
A/N: I got to order the Violent Things cd and I'm so happy