Love is the strongest medicine.

Phee's P.O.V

I was woken suddenly to my phone ringing on the bedside table. I slip out of Mikes arms and groan. I look at the name display to see Ben.

"Phee?! Phee are you there?!!! Phee fucking answer!!" The fright is apparent in his voice.

"Woah calm down boy I'm here! What the hell is wrong??"

"PheeiwokeupthismorningandMelwasn'ttheresoIranaroundandshestillwasn'ttherebutitturnsoutsshewentforadriveandnowshe'sdying!!"
Ben speaks so fast I don't understand a word he says apart from a couple.

Mel. Drive. Dying.

"Woah! Right Ben take a deep breath, calm down and then repeat that but slower this time please."

He takes a deep breath and starts to explain.

"Basically Mel decided to go on a drives when I was asleep this morning and she got in a accident. She's in a life threatening condition right now they think she's going to die Phee!" He cries.

My jaw drops, I feel my eyes brimming with tears. I turn around and look at Mike lying in bed staring at me.

"M..Mel..." I stutter. I can't get anymore words out.

Mikes face drops instantly. I burst out into tears. I can't hear Ben on the other end of the phone anymore. Mike snatches the phone away from me.

"Right Ben explain."

I hide my face in the pillow as I listen to Mikes end of the conversation.

"So where are you now?"... "Right ok so are you alone?"... "Ok. Be strong Ben, she needs you."... "yeah we'll be there as soon as possible."

He cancels the call and lies back down next to me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. I hide my face in his chest, holding on tight.

"We should be there Mike..." I finally whisper.

I hear him let out the breath I didn't realise he was holding. As I look up at him I notice he's crying, just looking in the distance.

"Mike..."

He looks down at my face, his tear stained face breaking my heart even more.

"We're flying out on the next available flight. She needs us." His face shows no emotions.

I nod slightly and hug him closer.

"Mike she won't want me there though." I mutter.

"Phee don't start this. You're her bestfriend I don't care what you say. We need to be there for her."

As I look at his face he smiles slightly and kisses my forehead.

There's no point arguing, I want to see her.

Jonny's P.O.V

As soon as I got the call about Mel I drove straight to the hospital to help Ben. 45 minutes later me and Sophie finally arrived to support them.

We walked through the doors to see Ben sitting in the corridor looking at the floor. Sophie ran up to him and hugged tightly. As I approached Ben broke from the hug and hugged me.

"Jonny I'm so scared." He spoke quietly.

"We're going to get through this.. Where's Mel's mum?"

"Talking to doctors."

We all sat in the chairs waiting for someone to come out the room and speak to us.

Mel's mum exists with a worried expression on her face. As she looks up at me I stand up and hold my arms out. She smiles and hugs me.