Chapter 2

Raven's POV
It was around midnight. I almost nodded off a few times. I was sitting upstairs on the balcony with a sniper rifle in hand just in case. Just as I was about to call it a night I heard an explosion. It was the gas station. I looked through the lens. I saw a parts of a car all over the place. I looked beyond the gas station and saw a swarm of zombies. There were a few runners. I quickly went into my bag and put on my leather jacket and then grabbed my hand gun and fired two blanks.

"Wait fuck!"I whispered yelled. I forgot that they have good hearing. I put my hand gun back and then looked through the snipers lens and began shooting the zombies. I shot about twenty zombies when Zach came upstairs.

"What's going on?"he asked.

"The gas station down the street exploded and a huge swarm of zombies just showed up and also a few runners."I explained not slowing down my shots.

"Woah okay what are we gonna do?"

"You're not gonna do anything except try not to die. Use the pistol if some come near the door."

"How do I land a shot on them?"

"Aim near the shoulder, you'll get a head shot."I explained. Click. I sighed and reloaded.

"O-okay."Zach said shakily he then takes out his pistol and goes downstairs.
About an hour later
I was still shooting when I heard glass shattering.
"Zach the back door!"I yelled. I completely forgot. I put the snipers strap around me and take out my hand gun and make sure it's loaded. I hear slow and loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I turn towards the door to the house from the balcony and quietly open it. I hear groans. Then I see it. I shot it in the head. I keep my gun in my hand. I slowly walk towards the stairs. Suddenly I hear a growl from behind me. I turn and fire. It was a runner. I made my way downstairs quickly.

"Zach?"I whisper yelled.

"Over here."he whispered. He was by the back door kind of shaking with the pistol in his hand. There was a zombie dead in front of him. He digs into his pockets and gave me the extra bullets I gave him. I take them confused.

"You okay?"I asked. He shook his head and showed me his neck. There was bite there. My hands fly up to my mouth. "Dammit. I'm so sorry I should've given you something stronger than that stupid pistol."

"Olivia it's fine. You didn't know."he said smiling lightly.

"Raven. You've earned the right to call me that."I said. He smiled.

"Raven. That's your last name right? I like it. Sounds as badass as you look."he said. Suddenly there was banging on the house.

"We gotta get going Zach."I said pulling his arm towards the back door. He didn't budge.

"Go I'll be the bait. I don't wanna risk biting you."

"But they said that it'll be a week."

"I don't want you constantly worrying about me turning and then having to watch out for other zombies. It's fine. No one will blame you for leaving. I'm going to turn anyway, might as well do it now so it'll be worth something."he said laughing.

"Fine but I really don't wanna do this."I said shaking my head. He hesitantly put his hand on my shoulder. I look up at him. He smiled sadly.

"It'll be okay. You gave me a chance so I'm going to give you a chance."Zach said. Then he walked to the front door. Before he opened the door he turned to me again. "When you get out of here can you go to my friend Daniel? Do what you did for me for him okay?"

"Okay I will."I said. He gave me his address.

"Why don't you get more supplies just in case okay?"he said. I nodded. I put my bag down and then quickly grabbed more bullets and guns and put them in my bag.