Chapter 7

Evans POV
It's been a day since we left her. I still can't believe we left her out there by herself.

"Guys you think she'll be ok?"I asked them. They all sighed.

"She'll make it. I have a feeling she will."Daniel said shifting uncomfortably.

"Okay. I just don't understand why she had to do it you know? I mean we're the men. Naturally we're supposed to protect the women."I said feeling frustrated.

"Aye stop being sexist and anyway she knew we couldn't survive out there on our own."Josh said shaking his head.

"I wasn't trying to be but I guess you're right."I said not bothering to stay on the topic.

"We're almost there by the way. Just about a mile."Daniel said. We all sighed with relief. We've finally arrived at the military base but there were a few cars ahead of us. Figures though since the army did offer to help anyone who came. The building was gray with an electric chain link fence surrounding it. Anyway we finally got to the guy at the gate. Daniel told the guy what Olivia told us to. He nodded.

"Ok and your names?"the guy asked.

"Daniel King, Jake and Josh Relm, and Evans Steel."Daniel replied. The guy nodded.

"Ok thank you. I'll let her father know who you are. He'll want to talk to you all."he said and then waved us through.
We parked and then we all got out and got all our stuff and then went to the main entrance. They told us to put our stuff in cubbies and said that we'll get them back after the showers and our body examination.

"Alright everyone, men to the left, women to the right. Children can stay with either parent."a man said. He had short blond hair with a little bit of stubble. We all walked towards the left into a huge shower room. There was cubbies near the door so we put all our stuff there. We all started getting undressed and putting them where our other stuff was. When I looked around I saw that there were only one kid with us. He looked about ten. He also looked worn out and sad. Well that's probably how I look to. Anyway when we were all done showering we changed into a new set of clothes and then exited the shower room with everyone else. The women were coming out as well.

"You know guys I had bad feelings about this place at first but since he said the kids could stay with their parents it changed my mind."Jake said. You can tell which one is which because Jake has a tiny scar near his eye.

"Yeah same."Josh said agreeing with his brother.

"Okay everyone just two more things to do. The body examination and registration. Women to the right, men to the left. Don't worry women will be examined by women, men will be examined by men. We want to make you feel comfortable and under the certain circumstances and you've probably haven't felt that in a while. When you're done with the examination you will be directed to registration. You'll be given a dog tag with your name on it. The person who gives them to you will tell you what room you'll be in. You'll be given a room with three other people. You may choose one person to stay with you. Families are allowed to stay with each other. Well that's it for now. I'll see you guys later."said the same guy from before. Anyway when we all got done with the examination we gathered our stuff and then we went to registration like he said. I was first one up. She asked me my name and who I wanted to stay with so I said Daniel King. She nodded and then typed it into the computer.

"Ok you'll be in room 204 just on your left and then follow the numbers. To open the door just put your tag up to the thing that's about chest level."she said handing me my tag.

"Ok thanks."
I headed the way she told me to. When I finally got to my room I opened the door with my tag. It clicked and opened. The room had two bunk beds with trunks near the bottom beds and trunks attached to the top beds. The beds were full size beds. The room was grey with a bathroom that had three toilets with stalls, thank god, two urinals, and two shower heads. I chose the top bunk. I opened my trunk and there was a black uniform that was made out of tough material, some black hiking boots, and a pistol. There was a note saying to put on the uniform for my protection and keep the pistol in the pant leg pocket at all times so I did. "Idiots."I mumbled thinking back to what Olivia said about pistols. I shook my head and then started getting undressed. I got the pants and shoes on when the door opened. It was Daniel.