Chapter 6

Raven's POV
They suddenly looked scared. He slowly loads his gun.

"I'm sorry."Dave says aiming at me. I roll my eyes.

"Dave I was bitten yesterday. I still have 6 days. It takes a week for someone to turn with one bite. I'm not just saying that either."I said. Dave and Grace look at each other. "I'll keep you guys alive for the rest of the time I have left."

"How do you plan to do that? I mean you're the one who got bit remember?"Dave said.

"I was distracting them so my friends could get to the military base and my dad is in the army and he trained me. I can also run for a long period of time and zombies don't bother me."I explained. Dave slowly lowered his gun.

"Okay you will accompany us. You will eat your own food and keep an arms distance on your last few days got it?"

"Yeah I understand."I said nodding. "Where have you guys been sleeping?"

"We've been staying in this old house."Grace said.

"How many times have they tried to get in?"I asked.

"A lot honestly. We haven't slept that much except for in the morning a little."Dave said scratching the back of his head. I finally noticed the bags under both of their eyes.

"Well I have a place where you guys can stay."I suggested.

"Okay. Where is this place?"Dave asked.

"In a tree..."I said. "A very safe tree."

"Fine you lead the way."Dave said sighing. I nodded.

"Ok but first you might wanna get some water. It'll take awhile to get there walking."I said. They nodded and went towards the glass refrigerators and got some water. I walked out of the store and waited for them.

"You guys ready?"I asked.

"All set."Dave said. I nodded and then walked towards the forest. They hesitantly followed me.

"So where you guys from anyway?"I asked. The leaves crunches underneath our feet as we walked.

"I'm from Pennsylvania and she's from Florida."Dave replied.

"Really? I thought you guys were related."

"No no we actually met on a flight to California. Her parents sent her here by herself to stay with her grandma. When we got off the plane that's when all hell broke lose. I've been keeping an eye on her because, well, no one else would."Dave explained. I smiled but kept my eyes on the trees I nicked with my knife.

"Well that's nice of you. If you don't mind me asking how old are you both?"I asked. They stayed quiet for a minute before answering.

"I'm 20 and she's 12."

"Cool I'm 16."I said chuckling.

"Really? You don't look 16. I thought you were 18."Dave said. I shrugged.

"It happens."
About an hour goes by. We talked a bit. Got to know a little bit about each other. Grace never talked though. I began to notice that they slowed down a little. I looked back at them and then looked around to see if anything was around.

"You can rest if you guys want."I said. Dave smiled and laughed.

"Thanks I was beginning to think I'd have to ask you to stop."He said. Dave and Grace sat down on an old tree stump and drank some water.

"Sorry about that. I didn't even notice how long we've been walking."I said. Dave looks up at me with a confused smile.

"You mean you're not tired?"he asks.

"No not at all."

"Hmm interesting. You do any sports?"he asked. I shook my head no.

"Well maybe it's because of that bite."he says shrugging. I gave him a sad smile and agreed with him. I crouched beside Grace but gave her a little space in between us.

"Hey Grace how you holding up?"I asked in the gentlest voice possible. She looks at me surprised.

"Um I'm fine. Just a little tired that's all."Grace says fiddling with her water bottle.

"Okay well if there's anything wrong you tell us okay?"I said. She nodded and I stood up. "Well we should get going. We're almost there. Oh and by the way there might a guy zombie around the camp."

"Okay why?"Dave asked tensing up.

"Well I've been writing down everything I've found about zombies and it's actually pretty interesting. Don't worry if he tries to come near you guys I'll stop him okay?"I said. They nodded. I started walking following the trees that have the knife marks in them.

"How do you know which way to go?"Dave asked.

"When I was running to the store I marked the trees with my knife so I'd know which way to go."I explained. Dave nodded. I began to hear the stream. I smiled.

"We're close."I said. My tree was coming into view.

"Is that the tree?"Dave asked pointing at my tree. I nodded. "That's a big ass tree. How do you expect us to get up there?"

"Well I understand if Grace can't climb up there but I'm pretty sure you could."I said smirking. He rolled his eyes.

"You go up first so I get the idea on where to grab."Dave said.

"Not the best idea if a zombie hangs around here. You don't want to leave Grace all by herself."I said. I quickly climbed up the tree onto the flat middle part of the tree. I set down my bag and moved the tree branches away from my hammock. I unhooked my hammock and made it into a thing you could sit in and be pulled up in. I looked back down at the just to make sure. Grace and Dave were looking around. Good.

"Okay I have something for Grace."I called down. I lowered the hammock down and Dave told her to sit in it and hold on tight. Dave gave me a thumbs up and I began pulling her up. Once I got her up I helped her up. She quietly thanked me.

"No problem Grace."I said gently. "You set your stuff up where ever you like."

"Ok."she said nodding. I look back down at Dave.

"Ok Dave you coming up?"I asked.

"Yeah just give me a minute."he said sighing. He grabbed the tree and started to climb up slowly. When he was close I hooked my foot to a tree branch and hung down and offered my hand.

"You need some help there?"I asked smirking. He rolled his eyes but grabbed my hand anyway. I pulled him up the rest of the way. When we both got up he was out of breath. I laugh. He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"How the hell are you not tired?"Dave asks annoyed.

"Hmm I don't know. Anyway drink some water. I'm gonna go get my own water from the stream. Set your stuff up where ever you want. Be right back."I said. I grabbed my water purifier and then I jumped down from the tree smiling. I landed perfectly.

"What the hell."I heard him whisper. I chuckled as I walked towards the river. I crouched by the river and unscrewed the cap on the purifier. When it was full I looked at my reflection in the water. My flesh wasn't rotting, in fact my skin looked flawless as if I just went to the spa. My eyes were purple and my hair was almost to the floor. Wait purple? A glowing purple. Why purple? I have blue eyes usually but I was bit by a zombie. Why aren't they red?

Comment one what you think!!!! Don't forget to vote please!!!