Chapter 4

Evan's POV
Olivia fell asleep away from me of course. God what was I thinking kissing her? You can't really blame me though. Those beautiful eyes looking at me and then those perfectly plump lips. Everything about her makes it so I can't think straight and don't even get me started on her ass cause it's perfect.
My eyes started to droop a little. I yawned and closed my eyes.

Raven's POV
I woke up to Evan shaking me.
"We stopped at a camping site. They told me to wake you up sorry."he apologized. I looked up at the front seat to see twin one and Daniel sleeping. Twin two was sleeping against the window.

"It's fine. Thanks for waking me up."I said. I decided not to be too mad at Evan for kissing me. I grabbed my bag and opened the car door. Evan came out behind me.

"Why are you following me?"

"Daniel said since me and you were the only ones who got some sleep on the way here, we're first watch."he explained. I nodded and put my bag on.  I looked around us. There were bathrooms that looked relatively clean on the outside.

"You wanna check out the bathrooms?"Evan asked.

"Not really. If anything comes near us I'll shoot it. Plus if anything was in those bathrooms it would've come out by now from noise of the Jeep."I said.

"What about me? What if I see something you don't?"he asked smirking. I rolled my eyes. I was about to grab my pistol but hesitated. Remember what happened to Zach. You don't want your little friend to end up like him do you? A creepy voice in my head said. I flinched a little but ignored the voice.

"No not again."I mumbled under my breath. Evan heard it though.

"What's wrong?"He asked.

"I was about to give you a pistol."I said shaking my head. I laughed lightly. He looked confused.

"What you don't think I can handle a pistol?"he said defensively. I leaned against the Jeep.

"No it's not that. It's just the dam thing can't keep you alive during a zombie apocalypse."I replied.

"How do you know that?"

"Cause I gave it to Zach."I said sighing. He looks at me with wide eyes. I reach for my shot gun and hand it to him as well as some bullets.

"Thanks. Well what happe-

"Aim near the shoulder to get a head shot."I said interrupting him.

"O-ok thanks. By the way I'm sorry I kissed you. It won't happen again."he said. I tensed up.

"I-it's fine."I stuttered. I check to see if my sniper is loaded. "Maybe save it until we're at the military base."
He looks up at me with a surprised look but then smirks. I roll my eyes and turn my back to him. Suddenly Evan groans.

"Evan what are you groaning about?"I asked not bothering to turn towards him.

"I didn't groan. Might have been one of the guys."he said. I heard it again and it was louder. It was like it was right in my ear. I look inside the Jeep and see that all the guys are soundly asleep. None of them have moved an inch.

"Okay Evan you had to have heard that and it's definitely not the guys. They haven't moved an inch."I said turning around. I stopped dead in my tracks. It wasn't Evan or any of the guys that groaned. It was a zombie and it had friends. About 120 meters away.

"Evan wake up the guys quietly and quickly."I whispered. He looks at me like I was crazy.

"Why?"

"Look."I said pointing at the zombies. He looks where I'm pointing. He squints his eyes. Then he looks back at me confused. The groans were getting louder.

"Umm Olivia there's nothing there."he said. I look at him like he was crazy.

"Evan now is not the time to play jokes. Now go wake up the guys."I said harshly. I look back at the mob. They're halfway here.

"You've gone mad. Olivia there's nothing there."he said trying to convince me. My gaze was fixed on the mob that was so close. I ignore Evan and aim my sniper at the mob and began shooting.

Olivia stop! You're wasting bullets!!"Evan yelled. Suddenly I saw a runner. It was going straight for Evan.

"Evan gun out. There's runners."I said. He looks back at the mob and then his eyes widened.

"How the hell did you even see them in the dark?"he asked not really looking for an answer. I look at him confused. He squints harder. "It looks like they're at the front gate and I see the runner you're talking about. Well we have time. Let's just get in the Jeep and get going."

"You didn't hear me. I said runners, meaning more than one."I said. I bang on the Jeep to wake up the guys. They jumped startled by the sudden noise. Twin one rolled down the window.

"What's going on?"he asked rubbing his eyes.

"Zombies and a few runners."I said quickly. His eyes widened. Daniel quickly started the Jeep. The moaning and groaning became even louder. They looked as if they've stopped.

"Evan did they stop walking?"I asked to make sure I wasn't crazy.

"No none of them stopped they're still coming this way and closer than before."he replied getting into the Jeep.

"Olivia what are waiting for? Get in!"Daniel yelled.

"I'm gonna by you guys some time okay? The runners will be able to catch up with the Jeep. Get going, I'll be at the base soon. Tell them that your a friend of Olivia Raven. They'll let you in without hesitation."I said and with that I grabbed my bag and ran into the woods.

"Olivia!! Come back!!! Don't be a fool!!"they all yell. I ignore them and keep running. I then heard Jeeps engine start going. "We'll get them out here if you don't come in the next 4 days!"

"Okay."I whispered. The sound of the jeeps engine got quieter and quieter the farther away it got. I was still running through the forest. Thorn bushes scraped my pants and low tree branches hit me in the face. I didn't care though because the zombies were still chasing me. I heard a groan that was really close to me I look behind me to see a runner. I pushed myself to run faster. I was getting cramps in my sides but fought through it. I suddenly tripped over a stupid root and fell face first into the forest ground. The runner didn't hesitate when I fell. It stopped so fast and went straight for my neck. The only place where it wasn't completely covered. I flipped over and held it back. I kicked it with my feet but it didn't slow down. It grabbed both my shoulders went in for the bite. At the same time I grabbed my hand gun and shot it in the head.

Comment on what you think!!! Don't forget to vote!!!