Flowers

The flowers showed up on his desk one day. It was a pretty arrangement, lilac and roses mixed together. Scott was surprised when another bouquet showed up on his desk. He distantly wondered who was the sender of the flowers before a kid asked for his help. The flowers were always without a note, leading to thoughts of a secret admirer. The flowers kept arriving for months after the initial one. They'd be there after he came back from lunch break, or first thing in the morning. Whoever it was went to great lengths to get them delivered. 

Wednesday morning Scott was lecturing about the slope of lines. "Y2-y1/X2-X1. Also known as the-." He stopped as the door creaked open, the kids attention turning from him to the door. The music teacher, the attractive Mitch Grassi, entered carrying another vase of flowers. "I think these accidentally got delivered to my desk." He said, his pretty voice floating through the air, each word sounding like music. He glanced down, noticing a card that had his name on it. "Thanks, Mr. Grassi," he replied, blushing as he noticed Mitch's gaze lingering on him. "Okay, back to the lesson." He redirected the kids attention back to the lesson.

Okay, he had to find out who was leaving the flowers for him. He noticed that the flowers were usually there when he arrived. This led to him being crammed in his tiny closet at 7: 30 in the morning. He groaned as he shifted, his long limbs unable to stretch out. He stilled as he heard the door to his classroom open, eyes straining to see out of the crack he had left. Mitch walked in, looking around before gently setting down the bouquet of roses and leaving with a soft sigh. Scott's jaw dropped. The gorgeous, way out of his league, was leaving him flowers. Scott's heart thumped in anticipation.

The next time Scott saw Mitch was in the teachers lounge. Their hands met as they reached for the cookie jar at the same time, blushing as they looked at each other. Mitch looked away, allowing Scott to grab a cookie. "I know it's you," he whispered lowly into Mitch's ear before leaving a wide eyed Mitch behind. 

Scott sighed as the final student left. He rested his forehead against the desk, closing his eyes for a minute before his door opened with a bang. "What do you mean 'I know it's you?'"  Mitch barged in, eyes frantic as he beelined towards Scott. He looked at him, chuckling at his urgency and stroking the bouquet that sat on his desk. Mitch gazed at the flowers, blushing when he saw Scott observing him. "Beautiful, aren't they? I wonder who sent them, Mitch." The pointed stare and the way Scott said his name made Mitch certain he figured it out. "But hoW? I was so careful to come in when you weren't in." MItch asked, reeling in shock. Scott shrugged as he began to clean the paper that littered his desk. "Got curious and hid in the closet to find out." He shrugged as Mitch gaped at him. "Well then, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me?" He looked up at Scott hopefully. "Yeah." Scott grinned. "I'd like that." Mitch stretched onto his tiptoes to leave a gentle kiss on his cheek. Scott grinned dreamily, hand on the cheek Mitch kissed as he watched him walk away.