Tell Nobody

Waverly cried weakly into the thin fabric of the blindfold. Watching Nicole lay there helplessly as she was dragged to her undesirable freedom had broken a small and fragile part of her heart. To make matters worse minutes after she was ripped from her sisters arms and they were forced in opposite directions.

Waverly flinched as the speeding car she was trapped in came to a sudden stop and she muffled her whimpers when she heard their boots thud softly against the ground as they approached the trunk an opened it.

Waverly was too weak to fight any more, her body and mind were physically drained and at this point the only thing giving her a will to live was her newfound mission to save her beloved. She allowed herself to be carried out of the trunk and thrown to the ground but was surprised to feel her fall being cushioned by a thick layer of grass.

"Until next time girly," She heard one of the revenants snarl before hearing the car drive off in the direction it came.

Once she felt it was safe enough Waverly tugged at the rope binding her wrists behind her back and was surprised to find it fall off without any resistance, she had been too scared to even attempt to move beforehand and face the wrath of the men she was at the mercy of. After rubbing her sore wrists briefly, she removed the blindfold and squinted as she waited for her eyes to readjust to the moonlight.

Waverly looked around recognising her surroundings immediately, they had dropped her on the field just outside of the homesteads fence line. A wave of relief washed over her as she felt closer to home, However her mind drifted as she remembered the person she shared that home with, Wynonna.

Just as quickly as it had arrived the relief was replaced with worry and dread as Waverly rose to her feet and leaned against the fence as her legs bucked from underneath her. From the higher vantage point she saw a drape in the long grass in front of her. Not caring to think ahead Waverly ran desperately towards the patch of grass and gave off a small yelp when she saw her sister lying there.

Ecstatic to find Wynonna safe, Waverly dropped to the ground beside her and untied her sisters hands before removing her blindfold. After doing this she shook Wynonnas shoulders franticly, trying to stir her sister out of the state of unconsciousness they had left her in. She didn't respond.

Waverly felt something shift in the pit of her stomach as she shook Wynonnas body harder. Something was wrong. Under the dim light of the moon, Waverly had failed to see the pool of blood stained into the grass surrounding her sister's side. When her eyes adjusted properly she immediately recognised the discoloration in the ground and subsequently remembered the wound Wynonna had sustained during the crash.

"WYNONNA, WYNONNA CAN YOU HEAR ME." Waverly screamed desperately trying to get a response although none came. In the spur of the moment, Waverly reached over and placed two fingers of against Wynonna's neck, checking for a pulse. Her heart pounded relentlessly in her head as she felt a weak heartbeat reverberate onto her fingertips and moved on to see if her sister was breathing, she breathed a sigh of relief as she watched Wynonna's chest shallowly rise and fall. She was alive.

Using the blindfold as a makeshift gauze Waverly applied pressure to the wound trying to stop it from bleeding.

"HELP, PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME" She screamed although she knew that the nearest house was miles up the road and that nobody would hear her. However the cry for help resonated through the land, bouncing off the tree line and eventually making it to the homestead where it was heard by the three men.

Doc, Dolls and Jeremy had huddled around the kitchen table after finding no sign of the missing Earps. They sat in silence trying to form any useful ideas to pitch to each other as the hours passed by. The cry for help was so sharp Jeremy fell off his chair at the sound whilst Dolls' and Docs head swivelled in the direction of the source.