I Love You

Panic besieged Nicole's entire being and an eerie ring in her head dulled her senses as she ran harder to Waverly's crumpled form. With her heart beating relentlessly against her still bruised ribs she fell to her knees on the harsh gravel and reached for the younger Earp, pulling her onto her lap.

Nicole reached over trying to frantically brush the hair that was sticky with blood away from Waverly's face and she tugged the piece of cloth out from between her teeth. Tears fell with little restraint as Nicole searched for the bullet wound on her lovers body only to find none. In her panic Nicole hadn't seen Champ fall mere metres away with a bullet hole lodged permanently in between his eyes. The harsh ringing in her ears meant she hadn't heard the soft mummers that came from the woman lying in front of her.

"I'm ok, I'm ok baby, I'm ok"

Nicole felt the grip around her tighten and she looked up just in time to see Waverly's eyes flutter open.

"Waves," Nicole breathed "I-I thought you were- I thought. I thought I lost you" Nicole said a second wave of tears flowing freely down her cheeks. Waverly rose her still bound hands to the now obvious cut and inch above her hairline, touching it lightly in an attempt to grasp its seriousness. They then found themselves over Nicole's head tugging lightly on the back of her neck, pulling her down so that their lips could meet for the first time in weeks. The world around them faded momentarily out of existence as they got lost in each other all over again.

However, the moment was short lived as a voice boomed through the trailer park.

"RUN"

Nicole's arms wrapped securely around Waverly's waist and the brunette responded by curling her legs around the taller woman's hips, as Nicole hoisted the girl up off the dirt ground and ran back towards Wynonna who was firing into the crowd of approaching revenants. In accordance with the plan, Dolls' black SUV swerved to a stop behind them with Doc popping up through the sunroof, pistols in hand, giving the three women enough cover to pile into the car.

Dolls immediately sped off once the door was shut. They were silent for a few minutes as the adrenaline coursed harshly through their veins. Wynonna was first to break the silence.

"Did you get it" She directed to the two men in the front. A wide grin formed on both men's faces as Dolls reached into the centre console and pulled out peacemaker before handing it over to the woman sitting directly behind him.

"Oh thank god" Wynonna said sighing in relief and relaxing back into the seat of the car before reaching over and embracing Waverly who was curled up on Nicole's lap with her bound hands still around the red heads neck and her face buried into her chest. Nicole's grip tightened protectively as she felt Waverly's weight shift.

"Lets get these off huh" Wynonna said motioning towards the rope wrapped around her younger sisters wrists. Waverly nodded slightly, refusing to look up from Nicole's chest as Wynonna untied the knot and unwound the rope.

Nicole felt Waverly exhale slowly as pins pricked at her once numb fingers, the younger Earp allowed her hands to fall onto her lap as she shuffled into the empty seat between Nicole and Wynonna.

"Thank you" Waverly said so softly that both women either side of her dipped their heads forward to hear better. "For coming to get me."

A small smile formed as Nicole replied "I'm sorry it took so long"

Waverly nodded slowly acknowledging what the deputy had said before turning and looking at her sister.

"What about the ring, they have it now don't they. How are we going to beat them now?" Waverly said her voice cracking towards the end of the sentence.