Chapter 9

The two boys got home, walking into the dark house. The front door unexpectedly but itself and the lights came on. Freddy gulped, he knew this scene to well. His younger brother on the other hand had no idea.

"Boys, boys, boys," Craven started.

Ghostface turned to look at his dad, Freddy kept his back to him. For some reason Craven was holding a kitchen knife, running his finger along the blade. Poor Ghostface had no idea what was going on.

"You know I hate skiving, so why do you do it?" Craven asked.

"Don't answer." Freddy mumbled. "I've got this."

The young slasher wasn't even going to say anything. Freddy turned round, running his own fingers against his blades.

"I couldn't care about my grades, you know that Wes." Freddy smirked under the fedora.

"So why take your little brother out?" The dad asked.

"Because, if ones gonna get in trouble then you might as well get the other in trouble." Freddy replied. "Ghostface can't always be the golden child."

Ghostface was confused, wanting to say it was fault. Although it soon clicked, Freddy was saving his back.

"Freddy if your gonna do that to your brother, then you might not be seeing him fur much longer."

"Oh don't you start that again! So what if you do, I've got places I can go to!" The older slasher started to shout, wanting to take a plunge into his father.

"Ghostface upstairs!" Craven demanded.

The slasher did as he was told, fleeing up the stairs, and into his room. Barricading the door with the bed. Silently hoping that Freddy knew what he was doing. The house began to fill up with shouting from both of them. Freddy shouting the loudest.

"Oh who's side do I pick?" Ghostface asked himself. "I mean it was wrong to skive but Freddy is standing up for me."

Buzz

The young slasher looked to see Shorty sending him texts, Ghostface sighed and ignored them. Not really wanting to be involved with this at all.

***

A while later and the argument stopped, Freddy ran up the stairs before slamming his bedroom door shut. Ghostface moved his bed out of the way, before walking down the stairs.

"Dad?" He asked.

Craven was sitting by the TV, flicking through the channels to find the news. Ghostface went over, quite nervous and worried.

"Sorry son," Craven sighed.

"It was my fault, I chose to skive. I just didn't feel like those subjects mattered." He fiddled with his thumbs.

"Ghostface! Every subject is important whether you like it or not!" Craven was still annoyed.

And the slasher still didn't know what to do. "Fine! I'll go to all my classes then!" Ghostface had shouted out, running back upstairs.

Craven got up from the sofa, getting to the stairs wanting to catch his son. "Ghostface! I'm not accepting this behaviour, don't think you'll get away with this."

Freddy laughed inside his room, he knew he still had the chance to annoy his dad even more.

"Your a terrible father Craven!" Freddy shouted.

"Krueger!" Craven muttered under his breath.

He was about to leave, but a sudden pain was coming on. So he stayed put, going to sit back down on the sofa. His sons were rebelling, it was natural but he was going to have to do something about it. Though nows was not the time to think about it, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow was good.

***

Both of the boys, skipped breakfast. Not wanting to be in the house, although Wes Craven was no where to be seen. Perhaps he left early for work or something.

"Hey, Freddy?" Ghostface asked.

"You hungry? Well I'm sure your friends won't mind giving you food for free." Freddy replied.

"No, it was about Dad."

Freddy snorted.

"I feel guilty. I don't ever say things like that. You know what I mean?" Ghostface, held the straps on his bag, looking at Freddy who shrugged.

"I don't care, to be honest. He's terrible, he's never there for us now. That's when I learned, it every man fur himself."

Ghostface stopped, but his brother just walked on. Not caring about him either. The words he said though, surely meant something. Didn't they? The younger slasher shrugged it off, until later.

***

Today it seemed that he wasn't the only one who had a fight with their family. Ghostface was witnessing the argument between Carrie and Pennywise. Whilst Carrie slapped him did an insult, at he clown just hissed in reply. It soon broke off, Penny walked away and Carrie just stood there.

"Sorry Ghostface." Carrie sighed.

"It's ok, Freddy and I had a fight last night with dad." Ghostface mumbled.

"Anyways, it was about Cujo. Jack was teasing him last night, and well one of them snitched. Penny and I got in trouble, though we were with Christine." Carrie explained. "And now Penny isn't going to go to his classes today, though he might just follow that Samara around for comfort."

Ghostface patted Carrie's shoulder to give comfort, before saying let's head to art. Which they both had as a double lesson. The teacher wasn't in, so they had no teacher to cover the class. Most of the kids left, whilst the two friends just stayed in the class. Drawing whatever came to their minds.

Freddy on the other hand, was taking it out on his friends, starting an argument with Michael Myers, who then started on Pinhead, and Leatherface. Jack wasn't in school to witness it. 

Having a fight with your siblings? It's best to deal with your problems, not take it out on others. Which Ghostface knew and Freddy didn't.