year-end message | 2019

This year, my faith and strength were drastically put to test. I went through countless steroid injections because of recurring allergy flare-ups caused by stress, anxiety, and food sensitivities, among other triggers. It is, without a doubt, one of the hardest experiences I've ever encountered.

I underwent a lot of breakdowns simply because I thought I wasn't enough... that no matter how much I tried, it still wouldn't be sufficient.

I went through a lot of pressure and overwhelming emotions because of a busy academic life, to the point that I wouldn't have time to rest or care for my wellbeing.

I had to let go of people I treasured; I had to adapt to difficult changes in my life. I had to accept that even the people closest to you can betray you at any time.

For some, this may have been a tough year. For others, this year may have brought opportunities and prosperity in their lives. Nevertheless, all of us went through our own separate battles, trying to navigate between one chapter to the next. We all have scars, wounds that are yet to be healed, mistakes, and regrets that we want to do right.

But we survived. We made it to the end of the year. Regardless of these hardships, we did all we could to hold on and get through this year as a stronger, better person capable of conquering obstacles and facing the future ahead. And that's all that matters.

May you all feel bliss and comfort as this year ends. To any of you going through a rough time right now, you will overcome all of your trials. Better days are ahead, don't give up. ♡

Sending warm hugs,
Frances