Chapter 3

Zirem parried the Smokeling's spear, then swung his new sword three times, one critical, one normal, and a combo hit, but it still didn't kill the Volcanic Smokeling. However, it had 34/300 HP. 

Still nervous, but more confident than before. He blocked one strike, and then tried a strike, but the spear blocked the blow. Zirem grunted, and struck again, and destroying the spear while dealing 37 damage in one strike. The Smokeling died, and he received 80 XP for his trouble. A message popped up in front of him. You received Flame-Weaver! 

Frowning he checked his inventory. The Flame-Weaver was a sword whose blade was similar to a flame. However, it was equipable at lvl 7. 

The damage per hit was 37-55, instead of 29-48. But Zirem also wanted to master Void. He'd decide later. 

Walking closer to the volcano, he noticed two other Volcanic Smokelings, and one other monster, a HellShrieker, he thought. He turned to face another Smokeling, and blocked one strike. Another failed attack and Zirem swung, dealing 41 damage, then swung again, for the combo. 73 damage. The beast was left with 286/300 HP. 

He blocked the imminent blow, then dodged, parrying, and blocking all the way. Not taking much damage, only around 4 or 5, Zirem had gotten two opportunities to attack. He'd seized them, and dealt over 120 damage. The Volcanic Smokeling, left with 157/300 HP, attacked. It swung, and the tip of its fiery spear nicked him, dealing 52. 

Zirem watched in breathless horror as his healt bar went from middle yellow down to critical red. 23/120 HP. He swung, repelling the spear with the Void, then slicing, opening the usual red glowing cut. 109/300, then a critical, minus 67, and finally a combo, ending the Smokeling. With 80 XP gained, Zirem grinned in relief, knowing full well he'd have to go back or wait a while for his HP to naturally go up. He was at 25/120. Not much. 

Zirem took out the mirror, and teleported back the the town, heading towards the wildcats. Maybe some easier enemies were farther behind them. 

As he progressed past the wildcats, he noticed his Vomjrin had gone up since he'd fought the Smokelings. They each gave about 150 Vomjrin. Pretty good loot.

Zirem found what he was looking for after an extended period of searching. A few SpiritHoods lvl 9-11 floated around aimlessly, and one attacked him. Slicing through the material, he noticed they had very little HP but they probably compensated for that in speed. 

Nope. They were pretty slow too. Magic maybe? The SpiritHood raised its hands when it had 45/120 HP, and they started glowing blue. Blue flames erupted from the open palms, flying towards Zirem. Could he dodge on time?

He leaped out of the way, then used Midnight Vortex, sucking the SpiritHood into a tiny sphere of darkness. The monster was then flung out with tremendous force, losing its remaining HP in a flash. Zirem had never realised how powerful this spell was. 

XP flowed into him. The 50 XP from these monsters was easy to get. He now was lvl 7. As soon as he exited the menu, his Void sword shattered in blue shards, and he received two more stat points. With nine, he didn't know what to get. Leaving the stats there, he opened up the main menu. 

Clicking on "Tutorial", he learnt he could put stat points into weapons, giving them certain powers, instead of only skills. Zirem left the menu.

His MP still quite high, he decided to use Molten Zephyr, just to try it out. It didn't do much damage, but a little cost. His HP barely diminished when he used it. He stood there, with 69 HP. 

The SpiritHood with 97 HP grasped at air, and an invisible hand trapped him into place. Struggling, Zirem used his Dark Illusion skill. The monster dropped him, and he created, using his will, a type of hell, in which the SpiritHood would suffer 8 damage per second. Only a portion of the damage actually took effect, but 2 damage per second was more than enough.