Epilogue

3 years later:

As he walked back from his interview, Zirem wore a big smile on his face. He had finally gotten a real job, and he walked to his house happily, whistling a tune. Alicia looked up from her book as he entered, and said, "Hi, Zirem. How'd your day go? Did your interview go well?"

"Yeah," he replied.

"Really? That's great. So you're with Code.Ex now?"

"Yep," replied Zirem. Code.Ex was a company devoted to creating VR games, but since he was now officially working for it, they'd told him about a secret project, an AR (Augmented Reality) headpiece that attached itself to the ear, on which one could do anything with  VR headset while not being completely cut off from the rest of the world either.

"So when do you start?"

"Tomorrow. I'm excited to be there, since I'll be testing their new device. It'll come out in a few weeks, if everything goes well, and it's top secret, so I can't tell you what it is," he explained, noticing the look of curiosity on Alicia's face.

"Well then, it seems like you should probably get a good night's sleep," she says sarcastically, smiling.

"Yeah," replied Zirem, already a bit lost in thought about the possibilities with the new AR earpiece. 

He woke up the next day, and walked to the Code.Ex building, which was near his house. As he watched the doors to the enterprise open, he reflected on his adventures in Legends of Orlea as a solo player, and then his travels across the world of Hollow, and finally his big fight against Chaos three years before...

But now, his life had changed for the better, and he took a step towards it, then another, smiling nostalgically all the way.

Author's note: Well, that officially marks the end of this story. I want to thank you once again for bearing with me during the times when the going was rough, and still reading my story. I'm very happy to finally have this story completed, but also kinda of sad, that all the characters I made will be gone T^T. Hopefully you'll remember them.

Thanks for everything :D