Chapter 6:

(So sorry this took so long! I was really busy... and tired!)

It was over. Barely a few minutes after the fight began, there was one man standing. Tattered coat, mask destroyed, Zirem sank to his knees, panting. The guards had each been powerful, but  the only reason he'd killed them all was that they didn't have many weapons. At the same time, the stress and anxiety had apparently given him a new skill; Dark Scythe. It literally said it in the description; a skill awoken by excessive stress or nervousness. 

Basically, it allowed him to kind of carve a glowing blue sigil in the air, and a spinning scythe of the same colour would appear, staying in place before gaining more and more speed, until hitting something. Four more scythes would follow, and each one of the deadly weapons could change direction to face an enemy, until it started moving.

(Here's the sigil, just in case.)

The spinning scythes had been devastating, and would be useful when he needed to murder another target

The spinning scythes had been devastating, and would be useful when he needed to murder another target. Suddenly, he whirled. He'd heard a twanging sound, like an arrow released. However, before the projectile could hit him, a glowing red wall appeared in front of him. It was a familiar colour, but he couldn't exactly place where he'd last seen it...

That was it! The Aflune! How the power had been included in the game, he had no clue, but Zirem was glad to see it, eapecially now. The archer yelled, "Alert! Alert! Intruder in zone 20!" Immediately came the sounds of armour being put on, weapons sliding out of racks, and footsteps approaching. All the guards of the building came, and he had no doubt one had quickly sketched out his face for a wanted poster. That was bad. 

Five guards ran away, holding a paper. They were his first target. Leaping over the wall of oncoming guards, he tried to reach the ones that were escaping. However, hundreds of spears flew towards him at the same time, either blocking his way or hitting them.  

Zirem lifted his arm, swiftly drawing the unfamiliar sigil, all the while defending and attacking with his Aflune. Grunting, he aimed the scythes toward the escaping guards, but two missed. Three fell with a scream.

Landing softly, Zirem jumped back, his tails shooting up again. They latched onto the wall, and he managed to get over the guards blocking the way. However, their spears didn't all miss. Some hit his Aflune, but three got through, and one took off quite a big chunk of his HP. He ignored it, focusing more on the teo escaping guards, but was forced to abandon the hunt as he felt yet another spear graze his cheek. For a second he paused, generating his sixth form. 

Crimson armour covered his entire body, covering him and protecting him from harm. Zirem leaped forward, reaching the first guard in a matter of seconds. His first tail pierced the man, and he screamed. The second guard kept running, but was soon caught. Without hesitation, Zirem ended the guard's life, and turned to face the oncoming wave of soldiers. This was going to be tough.

He drew two sigils in front of him, gritting his teeth as he used the taxing spell. Ten scythes flew into the mass, and pierced many. If the weapons built enough speed, they could fly straight through enemies to reach others.