Chapter 7

Zirem felt a giant wave of satisfaction as the boss crumpled to the ground, screeching. Shel'Ku got up, but very painfully. Already it had lost a quarter of its HP. Grunting, he pushed even harder, augmenting the pain already within the boss. It screamed. Suddenly, it lurched forward, then used the momentum to power forward, barrelling into him.

He flew backwards, losing 783 HP from the hit, but keeping 954/2590. Leaping to his feet, he barely managed to counter the attack of the boss, but he jumped backwards, then forward again to strike the falling boss. He pointed his sword straight ahead of him, like a rapier, and sprinted, piercing the boss. A glowing red cut appeared where the blood should have been.

Zirem skidded to a halt, blowing up dust as he went. An ear-splitting roar sounded across the room, and he peeked at the boss behind him. It had started running towards him, sword held in both hands. Shel'Ku swung downwards, but a quick sidestep got him to safety. Instinctively, he swung, hitting the boss while it was open. 

Then, as he noticed the sword flying towards him, Zirem parried, the blow still jarring his arm. Gasping in pain, he managed to deflect the brunt of the impact of the kick that came right after with his shield. The Hell-borne WraithLich then extended its hand, sending a massive coil of burning skin forward, not harming him, but rattling him. 

Shaking his head, the player grunted, then stepped forward. As the boss noticed this, it roared, and disappeared, leaving a cloud of dust flying around him. Zirem leapt and rolled, barely avoiding the massive sword, but not managing to escape the coiling tendril of smoking skin. Crying out as he was dragged to the boss, he dropped his sword, but kept his shield. Barely turning around in time to block the silver sword, feeling it glance off the shield. Grunting, he pushed off the ground, and bashed Shel'Ku with his shield.

It fell to the ground, losing 125 HP along the way, and the stretched arm of boiling skin retracted, letting go of Zirem after having dealt minimal damage. Still, he had, in total, lost around 100 HP. Which left him with 895/2590. 

However, before he could retrieve his sword, another coiling tentacle wrapped around his waist, preventing him from getting his weapon. Zirem turned, fully expecting the boss the have grabbed him, but it was still on the floor, getting up. What could have done it? Looking around the room, he noticed a Lich standing next to the throne, arm outstretched. 

Sprinting towards the monster, Zirem surprised it, and used his shield to stun it long enough to throw it in the pit surrounding the arena. Then, as the boss got up, he ran back to his sword, barely picking it up before Shel'Ku started running after him. It still had 7347/15000 HP. Still a pretty large amount, but the though that it was lower than half encouraged him. 

The Hell-borne WraithLich threw its sword into the pit surrounding the arena, and drew, from nothing, a massive scythe with an intricate handle. Instead of a blade was a curved, human spine with the skull and ribcage still attached. The bone was sharpened so much it could have sliced clean through steel, no doubt. Shel'Ku started swinging the scythe around so fast it blurred, and Zirem took a step back.

(Here's the scythe)