Chapter Forty Six

MADISON

I have an extremely hard time opening my eyes when someone turns on the light. My eyelids feel really heavy and my eyes are dry. The light doesn't help me either because it hurts. To be honest, everything hurts terribly and I feel so tired. I am literally just waiting for death to come for me, but it seems like it's taking its time to do so.

I hear voices coming closer to me and suddenly two silhouettes appear in front of me. I know one of them is Wen, but the other one is just a man. A man I am pretty sure I've seen before because my brain seems to be sending alerts to me but I can't tell who he is. I am in blank. I can't even find the words to describe him anymore. I am just so tired.

"Is this her?" the man says looking at me with a frown on his face.

"Indeed," Wen says looking at the crystal syringe on his hands. It has a pink substance on it. I look away from the other man and look at the mirror over me which finally allows me to see better. There's a metal table in front of Wen with four other syringes on it.

"It's impressive how bad she looks," says the man regaining my attention. He takes my face on his hand and even though I try to move away from his hold, I can't. My face is stuck right on his hand, and I can't move. He pulls me forward from my neck making me moan for the pain it causes. "Guess the substance did its job." He lets me go suddenly making my head fall back in the mattress. I shut my eyes for the pain.

"You better be worth it," the man tells me. Taking the syringe that Wen offers him, he injects the liquid into my forearm. He does it slowly in a torturous rhythm, and when it's empty he gives a painful massage where the needle entered to make sure whatever he injected spreads throughout my body. Make it fast, I think. Kill me now and leave me alone once and for all.

I get another injection on my other forearm followed by the same painful massage this time given by Wen. A tear leaves my eyes for the pain and I really... I really beg my body for this to stop. It all just hurts so much.

I get a third needle in my right leg. If the pain before was bad, this time it is awful. My leg stiffens from the pain. I even try to take it away from the man's hold but ends up being unsuccessful. The massage is nothing better.

"Stop it please," I beg out loud this time. I don't even recognize my hoarse voice that gets out in a pretty low way but finally gets them to look at me.

"Calm down Madison, you are doing it fine," Wen replies to me right when he injects me on the other leg. I cry as soon as his massage begins. I wish I were strong enough to shout for help. But it seems impossible now. "We are almost done," he assures me and for some reason I nod in reply. I feel like my body is taking decisions on its own. Talking, moving and feeling whatever it wants. I think I am losing my mind for real this time.

Maybe it is what happens when you are actually dying. Your body becomes independent from your mind like what you say doesn't matter anymore. Like it is telling you, "Hey, no matter what you want to do we are still going to die, so go with the flow." I laugh at my thoughts and even think I let out a giggle this time because they look at me confused. God, am I deranged?

Now I want to cry. What's wrong with me? The man turns my head to the side and uncovers my neck followed by a really sharp pain on it product of the needle ripping my skin to inject the substance. I shut my eyes and I am pretty sure I let out a moan. Now this is pain.

Someone holds me up, which makes me stop crying and open my eyes. Before I get to perceive anything else, I feel how my heartbeat decreases. I don't know how I get to do it but I do. I feel it. Like its battery is running out. This is it. I tell to myself before I can notice they take me out of the lab. I can only see the ceiling but once I find the chandelier that hangs in the center of the house, I know we are going downstairs.

I'm in Wen's arms like a child. Staring at his face right before my eyelids start fighting me again to close. I try not to let them at first but there's really no way out of it. They are eventually going to shut leaving me unconscious. My heart is going to stop and then I am going to be gone.

I am dying.

Dying right in the arms of the person that wants it the most.

I can't fight it anymore.

I can't handle it.

I let go.

CLIFFHANGER
EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

AHHHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE THE STORY JUST MAKE IT TO 1K!!!!! YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO ME! I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING IT AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING IT AND LOVING IT AS MUCH AS I DO! I CAN'T FIND ENOUGH WORDS TO THANK YOU ENOUGH!

HOWEVER, I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER WHICH IS SO SAD AND FULL OF DIFFERENT EMOTIONS! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND LEAVE YOUR GUESSES ABOUT HOW YOU THINK THIS IS GOING TO END!

I'LL SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY FOR THE LAST CHAPTER!! MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS IT!

REMEMBER TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Final Chapter: May 4th, 2019.