Chapter one: Meeting Alex

I was walking out of security about to get on a cab that took me to a friends apartment. I was going to stay with him while I was able to find a job and get on my feet, since I haven't been in New York in a long time. As I got in the cab I receive a call from my mom.
-hey honey! How was your flight, I hope you landed well?
- hey mom, yeah I am just getting into the cab, hold on a minute, I say as I give the cab driver the address. Ok, I'm back. All I did was sleep the entire way since I wasn't able to get much sleep last night, but yeah other than that I had no problems.
-I really relieved honey, And I kind of guessed about the sleeping because you were packing really late last night.
-well I will call you later mom, I think I am almost there, love you.
- love you too.
After I ended the call the cab driver told me that  we were a block away from the apartment. Once he parked I couldn't help but wonder how my best friend in the whole world, the person that I knew for being lazy, and not finishing anything was able to rent in an apartment like this. I really had a lot of catching up to do.
The cab driver helped me get my suitcase out of the trunk,  I payed him and I walked to the entrance. On the wall next to the door it had a lot of buzzers, and I looked for Orlando's name. When I finally found it I buzzed and I waited, he didn't respond so I tried again, and again nothing. I was about to buzz again when I was receiving a call from him.
- Dayana?
-yeah? Hey I am buzzing at your door?
-I am so sorry, please don't hate me, I am stuck at work for another three hours, I asked for an early leave today so that I can be home when you got there but we had an emergency meeting and I had to be here.
-Don't worry about it, I understand, I will see what I can do in the mean time.
-I will try to be there as soon as I can.
And with that he ended the call. What am I going to do know, I thought to myself. I didn't have any money left, and all the banks we're closed. What was I going to do! I was about to see if I can go sit at the steps of the building to see what's going to happen now, when the door of the building opens.
As I turn to see who it is I can't help but see the most beautiful blue eyes, I can't look away it's as if they have some sort of control over me. I start to feel something, something really weird. I get snapped out of it when I see that he just said something to me.
-Excuse me , what was that? I managed to say
-jajajaja I said hello who were you looking for.
-jeje hi, I was looking for Orlando, the person who lives in apartment 10, but I know he isn't here so I'll just go.
-wait if you want you could wait for him inside so that you don't have to wait out in the cold.
-actually I love the cold, but that would be great he is going too be a while, and I don't have any where else to go.
-okay, great let me give you a hand. He told me coming out of the building to grab my suitcase. While he was doing that I took the opportunity to look at him clearly. He had really silky light brown hair, he had a really defined body, and I noticed he had a tattoo on his back but it was covered by his shirt.

-If you want I can guide you to his apartment, oh by the way my name is Alex, he said looking at me with a smile.
-I'm Samantha
-well, Samantha let's go, he said starting to go up the stairs.
==================
Once we were in front of the apartment Alex put down my suitcase and turned to look at me.
-well, it looks like we are here.
-thank you so much, I really didn't know what I was going to do.
-do you know when Orlando is going to be home?
-he said he was going to be a couple of hours, I think I will just sit on my suitcase and read a book or something. 
-that's to bad, if you want I can keep you company? I ordered a pizza so I will have to come back down in a little while anyway.
-I don't want to be a bother, but that would be nice. But just until your pizza gets here, I don't want you sitting in the hall with just a t-shirt and some pants.
-I'm not really that cold, but okay.
I turned around to put my suitcase horizontally on the floor so that we can both sit on it, once it was like that I took out a small blanket, closed the suitcase and sat down. I patted the place beside me and all Alex did was let out a little laugh and sit down. We spent the entire afternoon talking.