Chapter 10 (A promise is a promise)

Zayn's Pov

I was glad Nicole had been okay with everything, I thought she would flip out and get all ballistic and crazy, but she didn't.

Nicole and I hand in hand walking down the hallway felt so right.

Nicole's gaze quickly snapped to the girls restroom when we heard a death curling scream. She ran in, me not far behind her.

A freshman girl was standing outside an open stall pointing and shaking her face was white, as she had seen a ghost. Nicole just stared at her.

I saw blood on the ground and immediately went over to the stall before anyone could say anything to me.

When I saw what I saw I couldn't grasp a breath of air, I fell directly onto my knees in utter shock.

I felt tears in my eyes start to buldge up, I could hear Nicole running over to me screaming at me to ask if I was okay and what's wrong.

When she finally got behind me she let out a loud gasp and slapped her hands across her mouth leaning into a wall with the freshman unknowing of what to do.

I frantically searched the girl for her injury and finally found it. Two large slits were in her wrists and her face was pale, her lips were purple. I placed a strand of her long glossy hair behind her ear before falling to the floor breaking down.

By now you could hear Nicole screaming on top of her lungs for help outside of the bathroom. I placed my face onto her chest to see that there was the faintest heart beat.

I sprung up to my feet almost at once knowing I needed to help her not feel bad for myself. I scooped her into my arms and ran out of the bathroom.

"Everything is gonna be alright babe I promise." I whispered into the almost lifeless girls ear.

The school called the ambulance and I got in with her. Nicole asked me if she should come and I told her no. She didn't need to come, she shouldn't have even cared if she was dead or alive. I kissed Nicole quickly before jumping into the ambulance and shutting the door.

I looked at the once love of my life laying there on the table machines being hooked up to her. I sat down beside her clutching her hand. Tears streamed down my face knowing this was my fault.

"Jenna why would you do this?" I sobbed to the soon to be lifeless body.

Yes. Jenna McCormick just attempted sucide. The girl I would have killed for, the first girl I fell in love with, tried to kill herself because of me, because I wasn't with her, because the love she had for me was as strong as my love for Nicole.

Yes again I know what your thinking. I thought you were in love with Madds first? You guys spent your whole childhood together and gave each other your virginitys, how was that not your first love?

Yeah I loved Madds, I loved her with all my heart, and she probably was my first love. We did get together as a couple but we were so young we didn't understand anything yet really, and when she left I tried my hardest to block her out of my mind.

When I got with Jen she lit up my world, I had never felt something like that before. She was something new and fresh, not something I had my whole life. Our realtionship was more physical, well like all physical. Madds and mine was more we loved each other as people. Jen basically taught me all I know which did make a really strong bond between us and yeah I fell in love with her.

I loved Madds but never in this kind of way, maybe eventually I would have but that didn't happen. We got ripped apart and I was told to move on. Me and Madds were together 24/7 since we could remember. The love but mainly lust I felt for Jenna was unbearable.