Chapter 17 (Old Friends and Tranquiled Spirits)

Nicole's Pov

We all need that one special person. The special someone who makes everything better. The one person who can put a smile on your face no matter what, the type you can laugh and be an idiot with. Someone you trust with your life.....someone you would die for.

In my case there are two of these people, they light up my world. The thought of losing one destroys me.

Without these two boys I'm nothing. I'm finally admitting it to myself. My life would become painful and lonely. No matter how many people were with me....I would always feel alone. Like something was missing.

Nothing would ever be the same without Zayn.....nothing would ever be the same without Harry.

Harry was never supposed to mean this much to me, I was never suppose to fall for him, but I did.

All at the same time I was madly and hopelessly in love with Zayn.

Without either of them there would be a hole in my heart that would never be able to be fixed.

Now people think they know my story, like they can read me like a book. They can't. They will never understand my situation, being in love with two people may sound irrelevant to you but when you have to pick one....well you can't.

As I looked at Harry he looked uncomfortably nervous, fiddling with his fingers and sitting on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I asked leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Nothing really...I just ran into someone, um...and old friend..." He struggled with words.

"You have a Madds too?!?" I laughed but was seriously concerned.

"Uh no...no I don't...I ran into my sister." Harry looked down at the ground.

I have heard little about Harry's family, especially his sister. It was a touchy subject for him and I respected that. I quickly changed the subject.

"So weather is nice today." I thought of stupidly.

"It's like below zero outside!" Harry laughed.

"I was just.....you know....trying to change the subject since your sister...you don't like to talk about her...." I started getting embarrassed and blushed.

Harry made me face him and smiled at me, he moved in and kissed my nose. I giggled at the touch.

"Your so cute and sweet.... and you are so caring....I love you so much..." Tears formed in his eyes.

"Hey don't cry!" I pinned him down and tried to make him laugh, he wasn't laughing.

"I don't ever want to lose you Nicole, I don't know what I would do without you." He pushed me from on top of him and sat next to me.

"I have never seen you this emotional.....you won't ever lose me....I promise, I will always be your friend....but If I do end up with Zayn I want you to move on...promise me?" Water dripped down my cheek bones and lined to my lips.

The salty taste of tears was becoming to known to me anymore. Why couldn't I be normal and be happy with one guy? It's because I'm Nicole, isn't it? I feel so selfish but when I'm with one I think of the other, but then I become so carefree. Both of their touches is so surreal.

"I can't...I could never move on...." I interrupted his protest and pecked his lips letting them linger around the atmosphere of his for a moment.

"Comment on what you said before....I...I do...I love you too." His green orbs gave me that look.