8. New beginnings

Wait... what?

I could feel the expression on my face slowly changing as I played back his response in my head over and over again. It was nothing like what I was expecting him to reply with, but yet it was everything I wanted his response to be. I was expecting something carefree and sexual, but this was... touching; beautiful.

Millions of thoughts rushed to my mind followed by countless questions which I hadn't yet even figured out if I wanted answers to.
Had he noticed me before tonight? What exactly does he mean? Had he been waiting for me to strike up a conversation with him? Was knowing my name really that important to him? Was he interested in me? Was he interested in being with me?! Did he think of me at night? What if he sneaked a picture of me while I wasn't looking and has it set as his home and lock screen backgrounds?! DID HE HAVE A SHRINE OF ME IN HIS ROOM?!

Okay, okay, I understand that I may be getting carried away just a tad, but this was huge! The guy who I'd crushed on not-so-secretly ever since I started coming to Burnout could actually like me! ME!

"Are y- are you okay?" he nervously asked me, subtly chuckling as he finished the last word.

His voice brought me back to reality, and only now did I notice that he was still holding me. It's like I was so lost in my thoughts that my body went numb, even from his touch. But I also just noticed that I had been staring at Ollie with a somewhat gobsmacked yet confused expression across my face for the past few minutes, and of course.. he didn't know why. God, he must be at a loss right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly thought I was some dim-witted easily-confused gal who didn't even know how to respond to a simple sentence.

"Y-yeah, I'm fi-fine!" Quickly shaking my head as I politely responded, almost in such a way that gave off a 'snap out of it' kind of vibe. Then I looked back up to his eyes, paused for a minute as I caught my breath, and asked -

"What did you mean by that?"

"Uh..." His face quickly dropped to the floor as he briefly laughed in what I could only take as embarrassment and I watched as his left hand reached up to rub the back of his neck, just like he did when he made eye contact with me inside of the club. Was that one of his 'tells' when he became nervous or shy? Because if so... it was adorable.

But of course... all good things must come to an end. Right? Ugh, I wish they didn't.

"Alice, baby. Ready to go?"
I exhaled almost in anger as Jay's voice accompanied his presence, pretty much confirming that my time with Ollie was up.

I didn't turn around to greet Jay. Instead, I was still. I continued facing Ollie with my hands still placed on him and met his gaze with my own as his head lifted up from the floor in acknowledgement of another person being here, talking to me.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go back with Jay tonight. I knew that he could, and would, pleasure me until the break of dawn just the way that I liked and wanted. But Ollie... he'd made such an impact on me this evening and I knew that this encounter would live in my memories for years to come, constantly dancing around my brain in a way that only made me want to pay attention to it constantly.

"Sorry.." I whispered directly to him with a hint of sadness behind my eyes.
"Don't be.." he softly responded.
"Hand me your phone real quick." Ollie continued in a personal tone, staring into my eyes.

I tore my hands away from his body and fetched my phone from my purse which I almost forgot I had. After I unlocked it and handed it over to him as per his request, I watched him tap away on the screen, clueless as to what he could be doing since he tilted it so that it was just out of my view. After a minute or so, he handed it back over to me and smirked.

"I'll catch you real soon, Blue." He softly said as he smirked at me before slowly walking away, staring back at me as he paced his first few steps.

My eyes were still fixated on him in awe, even though he was leaving. What had just happened?!

"Alice.. you okay?" Ugh. Can't you see I'm busy, Jay?!
I sighed out my frustration of, quite frankly, having to leave with the third-best and plastered my best fake 'excited-to-see-you' smile across my mouth before I turned to face him.

"I'm great! Let's go, gorgeous."

I strutted towards him and swung my hips provocatively, I could tell that I caught his attention instantly as he bit his lip and drank in my body which I flaunted in this skin-tight outfit. I walked closer and we proceeded back to his place immediately; as always. Who has time for pleasantries these days when you can just skip to the good part?

The cab turned into his street and our destination was in sight.

We hadn't even been in his room for a full 30 seconds and our clothes already covered the floor, pressing our bodies together while our lips passionately collided and our breathing quickened. But even though it was Jay who was kissing me, in my mind it was none other than Mr. Mystery.

As I slid my hands across Jay's skin, I couldn't help but envision him, instead. His dirty blonde hair sliding through my fingers, his ocean blue eyes resting behind his closed lids as he focused on caressing his tongue with mine, his strong, large hands holding me close to his chiseled, tattooed torso.

"You're happy to see me, huh?" Jay mumbled in a low, hungry voice between kisses.

If only he knew.

Just like tradition, I ditched Jay in the middle of the night and went back home

Just like tradition, I ditched Jay in the middle of the night and went back home. I couldn't stay the night after one-night-stands, there was nothing more awkward than casual intimacy being mistaken for something that involved feelings. But the feeling of being in your cosiest pajamas and laying in your own bed? Now, that's undeniable; and something that I definitely wanted to last forever. But when the morning comes after a long night out... ugh.

I dragged myself out of bed, showered myself under almost-scoulding hot water in the hopes that it would wake me up and dressed myself in my dullest yet smartest outfit, ready to conquer the first day of my new promotion.

But when I arrived and saw Natalie waiting for me in my Office with who I could only imagine was my new Boss, my stomach turned.

My name, is Alice Atwell

But right now I would kill for a new identity.. at least in this outfit, anyway.