Chapter 32

Zara's POV

I couldn't help it. It was like all the emotions I had been suppressing for so zlong had come rushing out, like the dam wall that had been holding back a tsunami had finally broken down. I could feel the power rushing out, the pain, the memories. My anger.

Deeks POV

"Zara!" My head whipped around. I had only been joking about the Dartb Vader stuff, I didn't think that she could actually do something like that.

"Stop it!" I gripped her shoulders, but her eyes were elsewhere, not focusing on anything in front of her. Not focusing on anything at all. She wasn't in control. I could feel her whole body was shaking violently beneath my hands, like there was an earthquake rising up from the floor.

"ZARA!! YOU HAVE TO STOP!! SNAP OUT OF IT!!" I grabbed her face, hoping the human contact would register my shouts in her brain. And it seemed it did, as Zara seemed to snap out of her trance, and looked up at me with tears in her eyes. A look of pain and grief, something that shouldn't be within someone her age. And with that, she collapsed.

Zara's POV

Deeks managed to catch me just before I fell to the ground, wrapping his arms around me, and I clung to him like he was a lifeline. I had not felt this much hopelessness, all at once before. It was like all that had happened, my mother's death, my fathers death, my powers, Joe... everything. And, my sister. It was like the guilt had fallen out of the sky, landing on me, crushing me even more than before. What was happening with Trent, with his son, and unlocked a box of emotions in me that I had left unopened for so long.

"It's not fair... it's not fair... it's not fair." The words spluttered out of me, my throat closing up as tears ran down my cheeks.

"I know, I know." Deeks muttered softly over and over.

"I can't do it anymore, I can't do it."

"No, no, yes you can. It's ok, you'll be ok."

"No I won't. I can't." I took a shaky breath, and sobbing as I let it out. "I want my sister. I want her back. I want the guilt to go away. And I want my parents back. It's not fair, I can't..."

"Wh-what? Zara..."

"I can't do this anymore. I can't keep going like this, without them. Alone. I want it to stop, I need it all to stop." Words came out of me, spilling out like water from a tap. Half of what I was saying barely registered to me, and I could tell that Deeks didn't understand most of it either, a confused silence radiating from him. But nevertheless, it seemed Deeks was resigned to just keep repeating the same thing, over and over, as if this would drum it into my head.

"Yes you can, you can, You'll be fine. You'll be ok, everything will be ok." As Deeks said this, even though I didn't entirely believe it, I felt myself calming down. Slightly.

A/N- Yeah.... I feel like pretty much every single author's note is just me apologising for not updating. Alas though, here I am again. Doing the same thing. Sorry! Without taking up too much of your time, it's been a difficult and busy few months. However, I'm really just going to try and finish this book. That I've been writing for almost 4 years now. Which is a long time. This story had changed so much, when I first started it I had absolutely no idea where it was going, but I really just want to finish and resolve it.
Anyway, to anyone still reading this book, 1. I'm sorry for being such a lousy author, 2. Thankyou for still reading, and 3. I hope you like the ending of the book (if I end up writing it... which hopefully I will)