You'll Be Hacked

(Image from Szin's animatics. Watch her on YouTube.  Dudes, I'm sorry I haven't posted 3 chapters again. Busy week. Narration: Hera)

"Ah, hello there." A very familiar face said. It was the principal or George Middle School. Ms.Georgiana. I gently put my phone down. The sound still emanated from my phone. I picked it up and muted it.

"Hello, students and faculty of Liberty Middle and High school!" The cheery voice of the principal said. I cringed. It was coming from everyone else's phone. Jen had frantically tried to exit it. She had pressed the home button, but it wasn't working. I hit the power button, and it shut off. Alexis and Laf were watching.

"So, I'd like to add that I think very highly of your school, being that my school funded it, but you guys...so adorable! You know my school is better. And I have better news too. I just purchased a new house. Also....I hacked your phones myself." The principal said. She laughed maniacally. "Isn't it just wonderful?" She said. Then she danced away from the camera. I closed my eyes. Then opened them slowly, in a look of agony.

"Tell me when the idiotfest is over." I moaned. Alexis snorted. I closed my eyes again. And another of those things happened. It had been the third one, this week! I opened my eyes.

"Mulligan. Measure the minister." Someone snapped. I nodded my head and walked over. Then I took out my tape and started measuring this one snobby minister.

"Ah, the king said that he'd be sending another attack force...sometimes I wonder if he isn't mentally insane." The minister said. The other voice gasped.

"Shut up! Do you want to taken to prison for treasonous speaking of the king?" The other voice said. I finished my measurements and then walked away. I pretended to write them down on a piece of parchment. This being the third one, I was used to my body and mouth doing and saying things without me having control. So I usually just...watched.

"Mulligan! Hurry it up." The minister said. Wow, was he a nice guy. His wig wasn't even curly enough. I stalked over to them and looked at them.

"I'm done, minister. May I go to my rooms to work on this?" I said. The minister nodded and I went to my rooms. There I composed my letter to the sons of liberty, and sent it off. No one cared about this letter. It was just another in the millions of letters sent to America from English people telling their American friends and family to join the king. But to the sons of liberty and the General? Vital information.  I then started on the real work. Wow, the minister was thin! And then.....fwoosh. Back to normal. I opened my eyes.

"And I would hope that you'll join me soon!" Principal Georgiana said. Then the screen went black.

"So it's done?" I said. Laf nodded. Then she looked at me.

"Hera. Did you have another....moment?" Laf said. She came over when I nodded, and hugged me.

"My poor baby...what is happening?" She said. I coughed.

"Well, I keep...I don't know, somehow living through Hercules Mulligan's life? Like, I go in first person view and experience stuff?" I said. Laf nodded, Alexis gasped, and Jen inhaled sharply. "What? What'd I say?" I said. Everyone started talking, and then they stopped.

"Jen, you first." Laf said. Jen took a deep breath.

"I....also kinda did that. It was the winter's ball. I was talking to Alexander Hamilton. And...Met Peggy Schuyler." Jen said. She smiled. "That was fun. I mean, I was John Laurens."

"Holy crap, I was Alexander Hamilton, and talked to, well, met John Laurens. And then I had the whole Charles Lee rant with the General!" Alexis said. She clapped her hands on either side of her face.