sweets = love

TRIGGER WARNING** there are mentions of physical and mental abuse as well as anxiety in a certain section of this mini story. I will make sure you are warned before that section. :)

hi guys! I started this mini story in january holy moly. I am sincerely sorry for my absence:( I lost all motivation towards writing in these past few months but I think it's time to get back in the game! the last time I was on wattpad I only had around 1k readers but I came back and saw that I have 5.2k reads now! that gave me a lot of motivation to continue doing one shots. this one shot is a little lengthy ( apologies to my readers with short attention spans^^ ) but please enjoy! hopefully this makes up for my inactivity. - a/n

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quick note: whenever you see lines it means there is a time skip or setting change just to ease any confusion. - a/n

"We really need this interview Yuri. It's just a bakery nearby. Just interview the manager, taste some cupcakes and leave.  Without this story the papers will suffer. So please, just this once."

"Fine Monika. I suppose I don't have much of a choice." Yuri frowned.

"Thank you. It will be a great help to the newspaper club." Monika said.

Yuri already had plenty of work to get through, and now this? Great.

Although this interview would very much get in the way with her plans, it was for the sake of the newspaper club which she somewhat enjoyed.

So despite being stubborn she drove to the bakery in which she was sent to interview.

Yeah, a bakery. One that is most well known for it's cupcakes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"You'd like to interview us?!" A short brown haired worker said excitedly.

"Y-yeah. If that is alright with you of course." Yuri replied.

Yuri finally made the half an hour drive to xxx bakery.

It truly was a nice place she couldn't lie. As much as she wished she could be at home finishing her projects she felt a little happier to be surrounded by the aroma of sweets.

"I think the best person to interview here is Natsuki. She's the manager." The brunette smiled and led Yuri to the back of the shop in which there was a short pink haired girl who was focusing very hard on frosting a cupcake.

The brunette returned to her work and told Yuri to ask her if she had any questions before she left.

Natsuki didn't turn around even though she felt Yuri's presence.

Yuri spoke up, "Uhm.. Mrs. Natsuki? Would you be willing to do an interview with me? I work for a newspaper and it would be a big help to-"

"Yeah, I guess." Natsuki cut her off.

"Here, let me show you around first." Natsuki brought her to the front of the shop where people ordered their food.

"So this is where we display everything." Yuri nodded silently most of the tour and found herself in a daze just listening to her voice. Probably from staying silent for so long.

"Helloooo..." Natsuki said seemingly annoyed.

"What? Sorry." Yuri responded.

"Do you want to try one?"