Auditionnsssss

"Woohoo!" Hannah squealed.

"Chill babyyyy!" I laughed.

"Noooo! Right, we need a cute bassist and drummer!" She exclaimed.

"But more importantly, ones who are talented." I chuckled.

"At least someone's sensible." Tom laughed.

"I still can't believe I'm with Aerosmith! Woooo!" She yelled.

I couldn't help but laugh at who had now become my best friend.

We had advertised for auditions for our band, and the auditions were today. Aerosmith were with us so they could help us decide who was really talented and who had potential.

"Bring the first one in!" I boomed, jokingly.

"Certainly, your majesty!" Brad replied sarcastically, before leaving to get the first person.

He came in and was fairly attractive, but wasn't my style. His brown hair was in a quiff and he looked like a member of One Direction, rather than a rock band like I was going for.

"Hey ladies." He winked. "My name's Jack and I play the drums."

"Hello!" Hannah giggled.

"Show us what you've got then." I said

"He's so cute! Can he be our drummer?" Hannah whispered as Jack sat at the drums.

"He's not my type. And it depends how good he is." I replied.

He started out by playing a few simple rhythms before doing more complex ones and different techniques. He wasn't very good.

He couldn't play in time very well, and made quite a few mistakes. He couldn't even get the double bounce right! - his hand was too stiff.

"Thank you." I sighed when he got off the drums. "Make sure you've written your name and number on the contact sheet and we'll let you know if you've got it."

"Of course baby. See you gorgeous girls around." Jack winked, before walking out.

"Well, that's a no!" I laughed.

"But he was cuuuteee!" She giggled.

"But he was shit! I could play better than him!" I exclaimed.

"Yep, he was awful! You play?" Joey asked, intrigued.

"Thanks, and yep. That was my second ever instrument." I replied.

"Awesome!" He exclaimed.

"What was your first instrument?" Dad asked.

"Cello." I blushed. "It's also probably my best."

"Cool! Why don't you show us some drum skills? We don't have a cello, so show us the drums!" Steven urged.

"Nah, we need to get on with this... ." I muttered.

But then I was deafened by chants of 'Do it! Do it! Do it!" by the band and Hannah.

I threw my hands up in surrender and sighed. I whispered into Hannah's ear to get a guitar and to Steven to sing for me. I went through my bag and got my sticks (I thought I might need them in case I had to play the drums), before walking to the drums.

I played the opening beat to Walk This Way, before Hannah joined in the guitar to match. A bit later, Steven started singing:

backstroke lover always hidin'

'neath the covers

till I talked to your daddy, he say

he said "you ain't seen nothin' till